Casa Luca, Osteria-Influenced Italian in the old Againn Space at 11th Street and New York Avenue Downtown - Reconcepted as a Sfoglina

15 hours ago, NolaCaine said:

Am I the only person who can't pronounce "Sfoglina" ? I also went to Sfoglina and enjoyed the food but here's the thing; I remember the Casa Luna lunch still, but not the So-fog-lina lunch.  That's how my brain pronounces it...I know it's not correct but there it is.

Pronunciation of the name is on the website 

As to the meals I agree with the above;  meals and dishes at Casa Luca were memorable:  not so with Sfoglina:  Good not memorable 

On 3/6/2019 at 10:14 PM, Mark Slater said:

The g is not pronounced . 

Should a restaurant's name require/inspire 6 or more posts on pronunciation?

That said, thank you all. I now know how to pronounce it and will remember (thanks to the multiple posts...makes me feel not alone in confusion, which is nice)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NolaCaine said:

Should a restaurant's name require/inspire 6 or more posts on pronunciation?

That said, thank you all. I now know how to pronounce it and will remember (thanks to the multiple posts...makes me feel not alone in confusion, which is nice)

I have always wondered why people name restaurants with confusing and unpronounceable words given the lack of language ability most Americans possess. I was the first Maitre 'd/Food and  Beverage Director of the newly opened Henley Park Hotel. The restaurant was name Coeur de Lion (Lion heart in French). People would routinely call and ask for Curly Deon. It was hilarious. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1