Lazy Outdoor Drinks in DC and NoVA

DanCole42

Looking for a place to lazily enjoy some late afternoon drinks outside in the shade. Cocktails, wine, beer, all good. Unhurried and delicious. A view of something (the river? historic buildings?) is nice, but not required.

Arlingxandria is best, but DC will do in a pinch!

Indigo Landing may not be a good restaurant any longer, but the view hasn't changed and they serve drinks. This sounds like a perfect choice based on what you describe.

What if I wanted good food, too? :)

Does Bastille have a patio? What that fit the bill?

I don't think you want to be seated anywhere outside in Alexandria unless it is right on the river where there is wind enough to blow away the dark, ominous clouds of mosquitoes. Indigo Landing has great views, so does the Chart House at the Torpedo Factory, but great food is elsewhere, albeit closer to the Chart House than Indigo Landing. Maybe drinks and a view followed by a walk and food?

What if I wanted good food, too? :)

Does Bastille have a patio? What that fit the bill?

Yes, they have a nice patio, but the view is non-existent. That said, I had dinner there on July 4th, and the food was very good (foie gras terrine with blackberries and blueberries). Bastille also has a top 10 or 20 wine list in the entire DC area with very fair prices, courtesy of Monsieur Slater.

Furthermore the black snake that lives there keeps away the mosquitoes. :o