DonRocks

Bread Furst, Baker Mark Furstenberg at Connecticut Avenue and Albemarle Street in Van Ness

37 minutes ago, Tweaked said:

Mark Furstenberg is known for being crusty.  That said, BreadFurst's ordering/payment layout is a bit of a scrum.  

Amernick 2.0. :)

• Like 1

What a funny coincidence.  We were planning to go here before the FONZ Member Celebration on Saturday.  Our experience ordering on weekends has actually been decent, though we also tend to go right when they open rather than during the mid-morning madness.

I'm so confused by this place's popularity.  It seems to be universally lauded, and I keep going back for that reason.  That said, I've never enjoyed anything I've had here, from the prepared sandwiches, to the breads, to the coffee, to the desserts.  Everything is a little overpriced and not that good.  The french bread was decent, but it's the only thing I've tried that make me feel that way.

1 hour ago, funkyfood said:

The french bread was decent, but it's the only thing I've tried that make me feel that way.

Have you tried the English Muffin? I have to be careful what I say after Carluccio's :(, but to the best of my memory, it's the greatest English Muffin (and maybe the only "great" English Muffin) I've ever eaten.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pool Boy said:

While I admire your desire for 'a system', waiting 2 or 3 hours for ANYthing would make me want to explode.

I think the internet is going to change all this, somehow.

8 hours ago, DonRocks said:

I think the internet is going to change all this, somehow.

Sarcasm?

It's economics. High demand, low supply = scarcity. Which means either high cost, lines, long times for reservation, or people not getting the resource. Just gotta create ways to reduce the above, and not make it worse. Bad systems make it worse or create secondary markets. I remember being at a pizza place in Chicago, Great Lake, which at the time in 2003 or so was considered the best pizza in America. They sold out every evening so fast and people would attempt to buy your pizza as you left the restaurant. 

Two weeks ago, Bread Furst remodeled a bit, and now the in-store traffic flow has been changed. The register is towards the back instead of in the middle. 

Havent been there during core weekend hours yet so don’t know how it has impacted the ordering experience.  

• Thanks 1