Two Marines Moving, Metro Area Moving Company Hires Exclusively Active and Former Members Of The Military (HC)

Last week we moved from Rockville to Logan Circle.  On the advice of a friend, we engaged the services of Two Marines Moving as our moving company.  We were really happy to learn about them as they employ only former and current members of the military.  It's a great way to support the troops.

We have moved many, many times over the decades, including overseas and back.  While we have never had a bad experience with movers, we have also never had as great an experience as we had with Two Marines Moving last week.  I just can't say enough good things about it.  Coy and his crew of 2 others (1 former Marine; 2 former Army) arrived punctually and got right to work.  They worked without breaks for 6 hours.  They were cordial, friendly, professional, a credit in every way to both Two Marines Moving and to our military services.  They also wrapped every piece of furniture in heavy duty plastic to protect not only the furniture, but also the walls and doors.  The pieces were so thickly wrapped that I couldn't identify what the piece was until it was unwrapped.

Pricewise, I found Two Marines to be a very good value.  They charge $59 per mover per hour.  The estimate that I received when I first contacted them was less than I was expecting and much less than what I've paid for similar moves in the past.  The actual price was very close to the estimate.  In calculating the time elapsed, they round back: for example, if it's 3:12 pm when they're finished, they'll round back to 3:00 pm.

If you're planning a move in the near future, I highly recommend that you contact Two Marines.  If you engage their services, please have bottled water on hand to offer the crew and tip well.  It's the kind and respectful thing to do.

Laura Belden

I have also used them for a small-move move and they were really great. I found them from a Groupon and took a leap of faith, but I now completely recommend them.

Their actual time was about an hour over estimate but I think I probably had more boxes than they were originally told.

Professional, reasonable in price and over 80% of their staff is ex-military.

Harold Meyer