DonRocks

Administrative Announcement - All Good Things

Thanks for all the feedback on the (potentially) new Dining Guide Format - I put the kibosh on it because I didn't like it (hundreds of dollars, down the drain).

We need people who love (or who want to learn about) London. Our London forum is in dire need of catch-up with Andy Hayler's reviews. It's difficult (close to impossible) for me to keep up with him because I'm so busy doing other things here. 

Anyone wanting to learn, and I mean *really learn* about the geography and neighborhoods of London would be perfect for this. You'll essentially have the entire layout of the city memorized after doing this for a couple of months.

Please DM me if you're interested - I need help here, and about 100 other places.

I'll be as simple as possible:

donrockwell.com has never mined or analyzed anyone's activity, and has never sold or shared any member information.

In other words, when you register, what you tell me and Pat is *private*.

(It is always appreciated when members use their real names, either as their member name, or in their signature files - and it really does lend credibility to your posts, especially to new readers who aren't familiar with you.)

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 will be the 15th anniversary of this community, and on that day it will switch to being a read-only document. I hope you've enjoyed participating here as much as I've enjoyed being your host, and I promise you that all of your posts will remain in perpetuum as a historical resource.

Cheers,
Rocks

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 will be the 15th anniversary of this community, and on that day it will switch to being a read-only document. I hope you've enjoyed participating here as much as I've enjoyed being your host, and I promise you that all of your posts will remain in perpetuum as a historical resource.

Cheers,
Rocks

Thanks for so much!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Cheers,
Rocks

4/1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The best joke will be on April 16th when we all try to post and cant. 🤯

On 4/1/2020 at 1:06 AM, DonRocks said:

Cheers,
Rocks

There is so much I want to say, but for now I will just say thank you for providing a platform for all of us to be able to have exchanges about everything ranging from where to eat , to the opportunities talk about just about anything. I am forever grateful. 

• Like 2

Wait was this an April's fool joke or for real?

On 4/4/2020 at 10:06 AM, lion said:

Wait was this an April's fool joke or for real?

I believe the answer is yes.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Steve R. said:

It's 12:25am on the 15th. 🤔

Hmmm......

On 4/1/2020 at 1:06 AM, DonRocks said:

Cheers,
Rocks

Hey Don, if you make it read only, then you are making it impossible for POTUS participate. He doesn't read. I guess he could always point and say "Ohhhh, look at the pretty pictures!"

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve R. said:

It's 12:25am on the 15th. 🤔

When the Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service announced that the federal income tax filing due date is automatically extended from April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020, Don no doubt changed the effective date of read-only mode to the same date to remain in lock step.

• Like 3

I've had several restaurateurs in trouble turn to me for help.

These (moderated) forums will be open for posting indefinitely. 

Washington DC

Shopping and Cooking

News and Media

Events and Gatherings

Fine Arts Including History and Current Events

The Portal (Open Forum)

If there's anything else people need (subforums, other forums, etc), please write me. As always, anything you write here will be retained, and will always be accessible for people to read - this website is a permanent repository, and is not going away as a source of information.

(If anyone ever makes a "midnight mistake" and posts something they need deleted, just write me - likewise, I can always change your screen name to whatever you'd like, although one thing I wish I did in 2005 was insist on real names.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 5/5/2020 at 6:42 AM, DonRocks said:

I've had several restaurateurs in trouble turn to me for help.

These (moderated) forums will be open for posting indefinitely. 

Washington DC

Shopping and Cooking

News and Media

Events and Gatherings

Fine Arts Including History and Current Events

The Portal (Open Forum)

If there's anything else people need (subforums, other forums, etc), please write me. As always, anything you write here will be retained, and will always be accessible for people to read - this website is a permanent repository, and is not going away as a source of information.

(If anyone ever makes a "midnight mistake" and posts something they need deleted, just write me - likewise, I can always change your screen name to whatever you'd like, although one thing I wish I did in 2005 was insist on real names.)

I also opened up Philadelphia (Katt) and Washington DC Coffee Shops and Roasters

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Poivrot Farci said:

News and Media link does not work and does not appear on the main page unless one is logged in..

[Fixed]