Food Sherpas

Bart

I guess I should have seen this coming, but it seems a little weird to me.

http://m.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/07/meet-food-sherpa-new-career-opportunity-will-be-killed-pretentious-foodies/67826/

Exerpt:

The "food sherpa" is not a novel concept. He or she is better known as that random guy or gal on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations Parts Unknown who usually takes Bourdain out to eat in some hole-in-the-wall for local fare and perhaps a piece of offal or two. Now, The New York Times reports there's money to be made from this trend, as people now want "food sherpas" of their own. According to a report in today's Dining section, when people travel, they want to travel the way Bourdain does it"”find some strip mall joint serving the best phở in the city that only the locals know about.

"It was too late to take risks now. I asked Tenzing to refill my beer glass, and I started cutting a cautious line through the crust. Peering from side to side and thrusting with my knife, I tried to discover a possible slice that was edible, but everything seemed solid and firm. I waved Tenzing's offer of hot peppers off. A few more whacks of the knife, a few very weary chews, and we had finished the pizza."

• Like 1

I guess I should have seen this coming, but it seems a little weird to me.

http://m.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/07/meet-food-sherpa-new-career-opportunity-will-be-killed-pretentious-foodies/67826/

Exerpt:

The "food sherpa" is not a novel concept. He or she is better known as that random guy or gal on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations Parts Unknown who usually takes Bourdain out to eat in some hole-in-the-wall for local fare and perhaps a piece of offal or two.

In Bourdain's case, unknown and often unheralded, but hardly random.  Doing the advance work is the bulk of what ZeroPointZero's PAs do.