2 Amys, Wisconsin Ave. and Macomb Street - Great Wine, Small Plates, Pizza, and Desserts - No Longer DOCG Pizza, but Who Cares?

my husband and i were there last nite and had potato and prosciutto croquettes (crispy on the outside, smooth and rich, parsleyed potato puree with prosciutto pieces on the inside), then the Abrusseze (meatball) and the special bresaola, garlic and arugula pizzas (salty brined meat and the bitter arugula are a great combo). the other special of the day pizza was an anchovy, asparagus, grana concoction that i shied away from because 2 amy's does not skimp on their anchovies. have to be in the mood for that much salty fishiness. while cutting our pizzas, we had a good chuckle over Don's post about the dull knives. :) ah well, it's a good way to tone the arms. :angry:

Oh my God! It was perfect. I had the Margherita. Crisp to the tooth, yet still a touch soft. Just a hint of tangy sauce, a spare bit of superb cheese, whole basil leaves. I've never been to Naples, so I can't compare, but that pizza was righteous. A symphony coaxed from such a few ingredients.

I also had some boar salami that was extraordinary in and of itself. Had I more time, I would have availed myself to the entire antipasta menu.

I overheard two of the cooks talking how their ducks just hatched.

Cook 1:"They're Mallards"

Cook 2: "Mallards, not Muscovy?"

Cook 1: "Nope, Mallards. The ones with the green heads," rubbing his head for added affect. "Peter says their good eating"

And Rocks, they had some seemingly new serrated steak knives at all place settings and strategically placed pizza cutters (at least on the bar).

Superb.

And Rocks, they had some seemingly new serrated steak knives at all place settings and strategically placed pizza cutters (at least on the bar).

They also have them at about every table in the place too! The power of Rocks!

New on the menu: warm ricotta tart with Sorrento lemon ice cream. The tart has a lightly sweetened, slightly fluffy ricotta filling in a very short crust. The ice cream is just barely sweet enough to keep your mouth from puckering.

:unsure: Lemon ice cream - my favorite.

New on the menu: warm ricotta tart with Sorrento lemon ice cream. The tart has a lightly sweetened, slightly fluffy ricotta filling in a very short crust. The ice cream is just barely sweet enough to keep your mouth from puckering.

:unsure: Lemon ice cream - my favorite.

I had this dessert last night - the lemon ice cream hit the spot, especially given the swampy heat outside (the 2-block walk from the parking spot was painful), but I thought it overpowered the tart (which, for my taste at least, was a bit overcooked - the crust was more than a few shades past golden-brown). As tasty as the lemon was, 2A's Mint Chocolate Chip is still my favorite - it's like no mint ice cream I've ever had, earthy as well as sweet, no industrial mint extract in sight.

For dinner, we started with the suppli, which has won out over the salt-cod fried appetizer as our standard, then I had the basic pizza with tomatoes and eggplant (which I wouldn't recommend to someone who likes a drier pizza, but fortunately, I'm usually in the "extra sauce" camp -- which, I know, is a controversial and inauthentic camp). My fiance had pesto and one of the special ingredients, grilled green onions, on his pizza - the onions were huge and served whole, so we had an extra step cutting them up and distributing them more equitably on the pizza. As always, we had to be rolled out, only to find ourselves eating the leftovers two hours later.

I keep going back to 2 Amys because the pizza is great, but I also love the specials. On Saturday night, they had a panini with rapini, roasted lamb, and eggplant marmalade. It was very tasty and so different than what I usually eat. My dining companions kept laughing at me as I was dumbfounded by this sandwich. The lamb was a nice big slice almost like fresh roast beef and the rapini was bright, crunchy and slightly bitter. I think what made the combo so unusual to me was the cold marmalade that consisted of cooked and macerated eggplant, some sugar I think (it was sweet) and some hot chili flakes. Overall delicious and different. If you were like me for a long time and only ordered pizza at 2 Amys, I highly recommend branching out to the specials menu.

I keep going back to 2 Amys because the pizza is great, but I also love the specials. On Saturday night, they had a panini with rapini, roasted lamb, and eggplant marmalade. It was very tasty and so different than what I usually eat. My dining companions kept laughing at me as I was dumbfounded by this sandwich. The lamb was a nice big slice almost like fresh roast beef and the rapini was bright, crunchy and slightly bitter. I think what made the combo so unusual to me was the cold marmalade that consisted of cooked and macerated eggplant, some sugar I think (it was sweet) and some hot chili flakes. Overall delicious and different. If you were like me for a long time and only ordered pizza at 2 Amys, I highly recommend branching out to the specials menu.

Funny you should mention, we have been several times with the thought that we'd share a panini and a pizza (last night, we very nearly ordered a smoked mackeral panini), but when it comes right down to it, the pizza is too hard to pass up. Next time, we'll have to strengthen our resolve.

Lunch today:

red wine, I forget which one

anchovies, bread & butter

deviled eggs with green sauce

lemon marinated picholine olives

vongole pizza

special pizza with peppers, hot & sweet sausages

plain cheese pizza and vanilla ice cream for young Mr. Shorter

lemon thyme ice cream...warning profanity ahead...that is some seriously fucking good ice cream.

All of it was delicious and I am kicking myself for not going before.

Took advantage of my kids and most of Washington being out of town last weekend sneak over to the bar at 2 Amy's -- for my money, far more comfortable than the crush of the nain dining room on a Friday night, even people do have to reach around for their drinks (as they, unlike me, wait and wait...). If nothing else, I just enjoy watching the two 'tenders (Scott and Sarah?) dance nimbly around each other as they keep the the vino and the prosciutto flowing.

Unlike, apparently, every other yuppie in the 202, 301 or 703 area codes, I'm still not willing to drink the cool aid on the pizza. Get me to Vace. But the rest of the menu, cured in the basement and scrawledon blackboards, is spectacuar. Marinated sardines -- these guys have a way with kind of fish that would people who say they don't like their fish "fishy" tasting run screaming from the restaurant. Damn right it tastes fishy, the god and the Sardinians meant marinated sardines to taste. The wrapped a rabbit around something, then wrapped pancetta around the rabbit, roasting it and serving it with pickled rhubarb that tatsed slightly of cinnamon. Lardo. Can anything be better than uncookedpork fat? Actually,one modest complaint here -- there was a little too much meat in the fat. Don't you hate meaty lardo? And the cheeses, of course: something old, something "pew," something borrowed and something bleu.

Pizza? I think we had some of that, too.

we stopped by last week.....had the meatballs as usual and some very nice fresh mozzarella, drizzled w/ olive oil and sea salt and a little lemon zest....very nice and perfect for summer

did the arucola and pancetta pizza....slightly less aurcola and slightly more pancetta that usual made brr a happy camper (pancetta seemed very salty tho'....)

Unlike, apparently, every other yuppie in the 202, 301 or 703 area codes, I'm still not willing to drink the cool aid on the pizza.
Yeah, yeah. We all know how contrary you are.

It's very good pizza, but does not make good leftovers.

Quick question. My wife and I love 2 Amys, but when we tried to go the other night , we discovered that there's now a security guard in the big lot behind the restaurant where we usually park. We always use that lot when we go. Credit the guy for warning everyone that they would be towed if they tried to park there, but there was literally no other place to park within a four block radius. After cruising around for ten or fifteen minutes--along with many other frustrated would-be diners--we gave up and went elsewhere.

Anyone else have this problem and, if so, what's the solution? Is there another parking area nearby for those of us who have to drive in from the 'burbs?

Quick question. My wife and I love 2 Amys, but when we tried to go the other night , we discovered that there's now a security guard in the big lot behind the restaurant where we usually park. We always use that lot when we go. Credit the guy for warning everyone that they would be towed if they tried to park there, but there was literally no other place to park within a four block radius. After cruising around for ten or fifteen minutes--along with many other frustrated would-be diners--we gave up and went elsewhere.

Anyone else have this problem and, if so, what's the solution? Is there another parking area nearby for those of us who have to drive in from the 'burbs?

I have luck out by finding street parking, you really have to go early. I saw the guard the last time I was there, that lot was my normal parking spot. I am not sure why Giant needs such a large lot. I have never seen that lot full!

That guard has been there for a couple of years. I always park in that lot - the key is to park on the other side close to Newark Street so she (it's always a she) doesn't see your car, and casually amble past. If she says something to the effect of "if you parked in the lot, you'll be towed," simply smile, give a quick nod, and say "thanks" while you keep walking. I think the key here is to be discrete and casual, like you're someone just living in the neighborhood and cutting through - being towed has not once crossed my mind, and I've parked there dozens of times. If you're really worried about it, walk up Newark to Wisconsin (like you're going to Giant), and then cut back down Macomb. As an absolute last resort, jump up and down while tousling your hair, then drop to your hands and knees and start crawling around, screaming out, "I'm just looking for Macomb! Has anyone seen Macomb?"

Okay, now as soon as I type this someone will be towed. I'm just reporting on what I've observed to date, so don't blame me! :unsure:

Cheers,

Rocks.

I never park in the Giant lot--overwhelming fear of being towed...

I drop of Mr. BLB to get us on the list while I drive around aimlessly looking for a parking space for 10-20 minutes.

Or more often, he is so horrified by the wait that he rushes back out to the car and we give up and go to Dino or Palena.

Jennifer

Giant now has multiple security guards - spotted them swarming like mosquitos two weeks ago. I think they mean business finally. If you're willing to walk an extra block, it's usually fruitful to cross Wisconsin and park on Newark.

Heather - you're right about the pizza. Terrible as leftovers. The small bit of cheese pretty much evaporates, and the crust gets even thinner.

Heather - you're right about the pizza. Terrible as leftovers. The small bit of cheese pretty much evaporates, and the crust gets even thinner.
I was surprised, actually, at how poorly it reheated.

I want to know what kind of anchovies I had. They were excellent. And I have to go back and try the meats and cheeses.

Those anchovies are da bomb. Shogun and I weren't too keen on the sardines, which we found overly vinegary (though this may have been altered in the last couple of weeks). Is the smoked sturgeon still on the small plates list? It's excellent.

Those anchovies are da bomb. Shogun and I weren't too keen on the sardines, which we found overly vinegary (though this may have been altered in the last couple of weeks). Is the smoked sturgeon still on the small plates list? It's excellent.
The smoked sturgeon wasn't there yesterday that I can remember. The anchovies might be the best I've ever tasted.

The smoked sturgeon wasn't there yesterday that I can remember. The anchovies might be the best I've ever tasted.

The small bites menu consisted of the following as far as I can remember last night:

Caponata Crostini

Smoked Scallop and Anchovy? Crostini

Smoked Sturgeon

Anchovies

Grilled Fennel

Octopus Salad

Argh! My mind is drawing a blank. There was a lot more than that and I'm usually better at recalling menus -- perhaps I need more coffee. There was definitely no rabbit or pork rillette, much to my chagrin.

Also on the specials was a fried zucchini crochette that was to die for. Special dessert was the vanilla panna cotta. And, I don't know if anyone else has tried the Burrata di Buffala, but it's by far the creamiest mozzarella I've ever had. They simply top it with olive oil and sea salt and I eat it straight up.

I'll second (or maybe third or fourth) the reheating comments. You can't reheat the fresh mozzarella. Once it cools after you melt it, you're out of luck.

I was there on one of those blazingly hot nights last week, the special pizza had grilled zucchini, scallions, pine nuts, dried tomatoes olive oil and I believe fontina but I could be wrong on the cheese. It was a little earthy/nutty... I am totally drawing a blank. When I first got the pizza I thought the tomatoes were a bit sparse but they really packed a punch. I ended up trying to just arrange my bites so I had nibble of tomato on each bite. For dessert we had a very simple dish of assorted melon and mint/lemon sorbet. To drink beth had a mimosa variation made with blood orange and I had a huge hefeweizen (I didn't realize how large the "Large" was) I couldn't think of a more perfect meal to beat the heat. Everything we ate was exactly what I fantasize about on a brutally hot and stuffy night. I am so lucky to live within walking distance of that place. A couple of other things, the rabbit, which I saw out on a cutting board the other night, is a fantastic dish although when I have had it before, I found myself wanting a bit more for the price. A few weeks ago Beth and I got an assortment of small plates that night but both ended up fighting over the rabbit. We ended up just ordering 2 more. I guess it isn't the dollar figure that was bugging me as much as I just wanted an entire entree of the rabbit. Also worth noting we got there at 9:35 on a Wednesday night and it was still a 45 minute wait. Unbelievable... I actually saw people waiting outside there during Deluge '06 a couple of weeks ago. I think I am going to organize a benefit or have an eat-a-thon or something to raise money to help them buy out Papas Liquor and that lower room of Cactus Cantina, anyone want to help?

Most of you probably already know this, but the big salumi plate is too much pork for two people, especially when followed by two pizzas. I was unable to eat anything until noon today. :)

Ice cream update: Key Lime last night. OK if you like that sort of thing. I didn't.

Most of you probably already know this, but the big salumi plate is too much pork for two people, especially when followed by two pizzas. I was unable to eat anything until noon today. :lol:
Jake, you want to handle this one, or should I? :)

Most of you probably already know this, but the big salumi plate is too much pork for two people, especially when followed by two pizzas. I was unable to eat anything until noon today. :)

Ice cream update: Key Lime last night. OK if you like that sort of thing. I didn't.

I am dumbfounded that you and your hot date couldn't finish any amount of pork. Then again, I would have had it first :lol:

Enjoyed some of the excellent heirloom tomato salad at 2 Amy's last night. The salad is made up of thick slices of a variety of tomatoes sprinkled with salt and olive oil. The great part is that it is only $5! Puts to shame the $12 version that I had a Dino last summer where the plate only contained 5 thin slices.

Oh yeah, the grande salumi plate is great too!

Scott was dying to try this place after having my leftover pizza and especially once he heard they had Tupper's Hop Pocket on tap. So we went back with the kids. Scott and I split the anchovies and Emma got a small plate of the picholines to start. For our mains, Emma and Ian got a plain pie, Scott got the Vongole, and I had a pie with prosciutto and arugula. Emma nabbed half of my arugula for her pizza, a good thing because the initial amount was too much.

The prosciutto is wonderful on its own but boring as hell on the pizza, and the arugula would benefit from being just a little dressed. The Vongole was delicious. I know there are some not willing to drink the kool-ade, but the crust there is easily the best I have had in the Washington area. I have a bad jones for char though so other milage may vary. The blackberry chocolate chip ice cream was a bit too sweet, but much more pleasing than the key lime pie. Both kids scarfed it up. Scott got the vanilla and whie it's good, it's very eggy and not to his taste.

I had dismissed 2 Amy's as being "too far" but from Rockville it's easy to zip down MacArthur Blvd and cut across. And the noise level isn't an issue with kids 7 and 4 years old. :lol:

(Is it me, or can the clientele be so preppy as to make one's jaw clench involuntarily? :) )

(Is it me, or can the clientele be so preppy as to make one's jaw clench involuntarily? :lol: )

We'll help populate the place tomorrow with the unprepared, so my question is about location. Can you get there from Tenleytown metro, walking down Wisconsin for a 10-15 minute walk, and by down I mean southward? Is that true? Thanks :)

Can you get there from Tenleytown metro, walking down Wisconsin for a 10-15 minute walk, and by down I mean southward? Is that true? Thanks :)
That's a bit optimistic, but it's certainly within walking distance. Alternatively, you could hop on any of the 30s busses that run down Wisconsin. Get off at Macomb.

I've never done it, but I wonder if walking from Cleveland Park via Porter might be just as fast... Get thee to Google maps!

I've never done it, but I wonder if walking from Cleveland Park via Porter might be just as fast... Get thee to Google maps!
The answer is emphatically, NO! It is quite a hike from Connecticut and Porter to Wisconsin and Porter from the Cleveland Park Metro. The best route is the Tenleytown Metro and any of the buses going south. Depending on the time of day, there won't be a long wait. Further, it is all downhill from the Metro and I regularly do this to go to Johnson's Nursery at Wisconsin and Van Ness. Depending on how much stuff I have to carry, I will easily walk to Newark Street to catch my bus home.

I had dismissed 2 Amy's as being "too far" but from Rockville it's easy to zip down MacArthur Blvd and cut across. And the noise level isn't an issue with kids 7 and 4 years old. :)
2 Amy's isn't "too far" from Burke, VA! That is, if you like their style, which we do. Wood fire, extremely thin crust (when I think "thin crust" vs. "thick crust" Pizza Hut comes to mind and this is an entirely different world) , pureness, emphasis on quality rather than quantity.

I grew up on thick chewy crusts from a gas fired oven, with tons of melted cheese, which is great for comfort food. But whatever style you call 2 Amy's and Pizza Paradiso, that's what we love now. It's too austere for comfort food, nevertheless I find it comforting.

2 Amy's has a slight edge over Pizza Paradiso but harder to get to for us than Georgetown so we don't go as often. Definitely worth a trip over the river, definitely worth the gas, even over $3 gallon.

Good beer on tap and nice side dishes really help, as does the pleasant ambience.

The answer is emphatically, NO! It is quite a hike from Connecticut and Porter to Wisconsin and Porter from the Cleveland Park Metro. The best route is the Tenleytown Metro and any of the buses going south. Depending on the time of day, there won't be a long wait. Further, it is all downhill from the Metro and I regularly do this to go to Johnson's Nursery at Wisconsin and Van Ness. Depending on how much stuff I have to carry, I will easily walk to Newark Street to catch my bus home.

walking from the cleveland park metro one block beyond the uptown theatre and (make a right) following macomb all the way to the restaurant is the same -- 20 minutes, uphill, but it's a far nicer walk than along wisconsin avenue from tenley circle.

walking from the cleveland park metro one block beyond the uptown theatre and (make a right) following macomb all the way to the restaurant is the same -- 20 minutes, uphill, but it's a far nicer walk than along wisconsin avenue from tenley circle.

Yes, I think its actually faster to walk up Macomb from Cleveland Park than it is from Tenleytown. Either way, you're looking at a walk of about 20-25 minutes.

I've had luck going early. Like (waiting in line) before they open on the weekends or arriving before 5p during the week. I missed lunch at work a couple of weeks ago and treated myself to an early dinner. It was a wholly different place -- like a cool, airy café that nobody's heard of -- dreamlike.

I caught this piece done with the WaPo GOGs on yesterday's CH9 evening news-nowcast (click on video link).

Too bad their reporting didn't clue the viewers about the parking...

I really like 2Amy's neighborhood-y feel, and from some of the people I've talked to there (pretty friendly crowd), it strikes the same chord for a lot of people. I love the bartenders, and on my several visits, they were great. The wines by the glass are pretty decent, and the bottle prices very gentle (this is a pizzeria after all). My only regret is that I didn't bring companions, because there was a bland sameness to all the dishes I tried, except for the excellent charcuterie!

The fried rice balls were delicious on first bite, but became boring real fast-five are only good if you're sharing. Same with the fennel and gorgonzola, swimming in a pool of bland olive oil, beans w/bottarga (ballsy, but, well, beans), the porchetti-first bite heaven, third bite-pedestrian. I could go on, but the pizza's the thing here, and I found the crust bland as well. Wasn't knocked out by the calzone, either. Everything could use a little sea salt or something-some zing, or zip.

Pretty good drinks n snacks fare, great staff, nice friendly environment, typical DC-kids, parents, people on dates, Chris Matthews. I rode my bike there, so parking wasn't an issue. Definitely will return soon to the bar for the conviviality, and the ham. Bust that Smithfield, dammit!

i have found on every visit i have been, that pretty much every small plate, salad and appetizer lack zing, salt or whatever you might want to call it....except the salt cod salad which was so overly salty.

the pizza is usually pretty good; the wines by the bottle amazingly affordable and the desserts pretty good. everything else, i have learned to stay away from, no matter how good it sounds.

We made it there Friday by metro from Silver Spring, taking the bus down from Tenleytown as suggested by Barbara upthread, no problems. Take bus 30, 32, or 36 from Tenleytown metro. There is a bus stop right at Macomb street.

My wife had a salad of heirloom tomatoes with ricotta cheese, then the Abruzzee with Polpettine (little meatballs), Sliced Garlic, Parsley, Pecornio, and I had the Etna with Eggplant Confit, Tomato Puree, Olives, Capers, Sicilian Oregano, Grana, and goat cheese on top. Wow!

Now is the time of year for eggplant!

when the kitchen door is open and a cook is standing there panting, watch out if you can't take the heat, because early last night it was hotter inside the dining room than it was outside, where a couple of dozen people were cooling their heels waiting for their turn on the list. zucchini croquettes and eggplant in anchovy sauce were worth the discomfort, but by the time you're digging into your pizza special #2 with hot sausage, fontina, yellow tomatoes and onions, also good, you'll start to notice that any ice left in your water glass has melted and perspiration is setting in. about this time, your neighbor is up from the table and explaining to you that he is taking out a wasp behind your wife's chair. he has grown expert at this from practice at home, and it turns out it was a yellow jacket, and you know how relentless those can be. if one of the dozens of small children populating the restaurant does get stung, however, at least you won't hear them screaming, the decibel level is that high. our waitress is moving her mouth but we're not sure what's coming out. you can get the thermostat down some before you leave with a bowl of raspberry lemon sorbet, but the baba with fruit is also worth ordering, especially if you have never seen it on the menu before and you eat it slowly, but in the thermal department it is just about useless. a few blocks back home, tivo mysteriously has recorded a program on maine cows and before you know it you are in the reviewing stands for, among other things, a best udder competition. i have never seen udders like these, i marvel to my wife. yes, she says, but i don't think that two amy's will be moving to crystal city anytime soon.

Had my first experience at 2 Amy's tonight and I liked it quite alot. The Crust was chewy, crisp and flavorful from the wood fired oven. I had the clam and my wife had the Puttenesca. I liked the way the tomato sauce served as a contrast from my pizza which had no sauce. I very much enjoyed the rillettes as they were everything I would expect them to be, creamy, meaty, fatty goodness. My wife had the escarole salad and said she didn't like it, to bitter, but devoured it nonetheless. :) I really have to say that the most brillant things we ate tonight however were the desserts. She hade the special pastry filled with riccotta and I had the blueberry-peach sorbet. Both were incredibly simple but perfectly executed. I really appreciate a sorbet that taste good, has the creamy texture because the temperature is correct and has no ice crystals in it, perfectly executed. The special, highly recommended by all the employees, was the sorbets equal. Crispy, flaky pastry filled with sweetened riccota and served with sweet cream ice cream. A difficult task is making a filled pasrty crisp enough to shatter when you cut it with your spoon, this literally exploded, fantastic.

I enjoyed the pizza enough but I truely enjoyed the dessert. Wonderful neighborhood spot.

I've eaten here many times but tonight really was a highlight. Everything we ate was delicious, but especially wanted to mention the proscuitto and white bean crostini, the delicious sausage with "hotties" and "sweeties" pizza special and the incredible pear with caramel swirl ice cream.

I think I have a better appreciation for this place now that I've eaten there again. This time I had the pizza with the little meat balls, I added cherry toms to it. I think that, for me, slight mods to the standard fare make it more to my taste. I think that the crust is something that all other pizza joints in town should envy and strive to emulate. I had a debate with my boss about the relative merits of 2 Amys and Pizza Paridiso, and while I have enjoyed the other in the past, I find 2 Amys more to my liking now. Maybe like the difference in beer you drink while in college and that which you enjoy as an adult. I think 2 Amys pizza is more refine, more restrained and balanced; whereas PP's pizza is loaded and all out. Now that I'm all growed up...I think I like the restraint :)

I recently finally made it to 2 Amy's....the pizza definately lived up to all the hype. The crust was perfect and the toppings weren't over the top! The only complaint was the total price. One pizza, 2 glasses of wine, and 2 appetizers came out to way more than we thought. But that was definately our fault. Can't wait to get back for more since they just ruined all other pizza in the area for me...

Just wanted to mention my last 2 visits to 2Amy's, as all the food I ate was superlative-a huge (at least 30) plate of GREAT fried anchovy bones, which, puzzlingly, went really well with my red wine; breakfast radishes with bread and butter that were cool and crunchy, but definitely did NOT go with red wine; rabbit and pork rilletes rimmed with a couple of fingers of fat-creamy and very rich, very satisfying; and a crostini of duck confit over leek puree that contained a lot of complex flavors (incuding salty!). Really had a good time on both visits, even though MPD busted the bartender on my last visit.

Well, not that I've ever been short of an opinion but.................I think Two Amy's pizza margherita is outstanding but I've yet to find another pizza there that I like as much. I also believe their ice cream is the best in the D. C. area of any restaurant or store.

We got takeout from 2 Amy's on Friday night due to a sick baby and dreary weather. My husband wanted to order the suppli and I was slightly concerned as to how they would hold up. I was very pleasantly surprised when we got home and they were still piping hot and crispy. Maybe this belongs in a takeout thread, but their containers have little holes punched in the top, which I think helps prevent sogginess.

Side note, when I went in to pick up, I saw on the counter an order of meatballs. OMG, did they look good! Has anyone had them and if so, how are they?