Dinner - The Polyphonic Food Blog

JPW

3 hours ago, KeithA said:

Mother's Day dinner ...The mother approved 😁

Congrats! 

Tonight is another, "When it is in season, we eat a LOT of it" night.

Pre-dinner strawberry spritz.

Salad. Toasted leftover baguette with ramp butter from the last ramps of the season. (still some of that butter left) And cream of asparagus soup (recipe from "How to Cook Everything.")

Later, the end of the chocoflan. I am glad we gave some of it away to the others at dinner on Saturday, but... I will be sad when it is gone.

• Like 1

Last night was salad (I know, I am boring. But it really is the easiest way to get at least a minimum of vegetables into every meal.) followed by cheese plate. We had all kinds of odds and ends of cheese from cheese plate appetizers for the last few game nights. So, a baguette from Le Caprice, a bunch of various cheese, strawberries, the end of some pepperoni. Quite tasty.

And the boy's favorite ice cream sandwiches  (so artificial, so tasty!) for dessert. Giant's limoncello offerings are quite nice. Well, except for the weird ones. Who needs limoncello tortilla chips? Or paper towels? (Their holiday peppermint ice cream sandwiches are his second favorite ice cream sandwiches. The holiday peppermint seltzer is high on my list of tasty things. No so much the limoncello mango and limoncello blueberry seltzer. Those are only OK.)

Strawberry Spritz!

Salad. Then, scampi with orzo for him, steamed artichoke for me. Ramp butter on english muffins with some cheese shreds (still working through that cheese backlog!)

Later, ginger fudge ripple ice cream. (Ice cream from "The Perfect Scoop." Fudge ripple also from there, left over from a previous recipe, and hey, chocolate and ginger are tasty together!)

• Like 3

Salad (romaine, cucumber, radishes, mushrooms, roasted yellow beets, hard-boiled egg; ranch)
Pumpernickel bread and butter
Leftover chicken and mushroom sauce
Leftover mac and cheese
Buttered peas
Miso - roasted asparagus with sesame seeds

The asparagus was a Jose Andres recipe from the Post.  A pound of trimmed asparagus tossed with a mixture of 1/4 cup hot water whisked with 2 Tbsp. sugar and then 1/4 cup miso (it called for white or yellow but I used red because it's what I had). Broiled for 6 minutes. I sprinkled with sesame seeds as soon as it came out of the oven. Magnificent. Filing this one away.

• Like 1

OMG, I had my first dinner party tonight since Covid. Four of us total, and it was glorious. Started with an artichoke spread - canned artichokes chopped in the food processor with a little olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil and a bit of cream cheese. 
I made lobster risotto with a stock that I made from lobster shells from lobsters we ate down on the patio during the pandemic. Circle of life. I also made a Tricolore salad, Served with a shallot vinaigrette. 
One of the guests brought a decadent flourless chocolate cake. Prosecco and Pinot Grigio were poured. Return to normalcy felt so good. 

• Like 3

Wow. It's been a week. So...

Takeout (Mexican) and actual dining out (Basque) over the weekend!

So, Sunday, we actually got to visit my mother in law. Everybody there, and both of us, now fully vaxxed! My husband was so happy - hasn't seen her since late 2019. This meant dinner on the road on the way home. I hate most fast food, but there wasn't much choice. (Had there been a Dairy Queen available...)

Let's see, can I remember what we ate this week? 

Monday was stir fry - thinly sliced beef (leftover very rare steak, from the freezer), snap peas, and a peanut sauce with Pad Thai style noodles. Plus salad.

Yesterday was honey miso chicken. And salad. And more of those really delicious English Muffin garlic, well, really ramp, bread. Oh, and still working down those cheese, so shreds of cheese on top. 

Tonight was chilis rellenos stuffed with smoke pork and cheese, from the freezer. Also, salad.

Dessert for Monday and Tuesday was the most delicious baked lemon ricotta with strawberries. But now I have run out of the cheese. I need more cheese. So, ginger fudge ripple ice cream tonight.

• Like 4

It has been a week...We've had fish on multiple occasions, so that's different. Between lunches and dinners, we've also had crazy amounts of brown rice and, on the other side of the ledger, we savored a fantastic bone-in rib eye steak that I bought. on. a. whim. at Whole Foods. I haven't had one of them in ages, even longer than it's been since I've done something like stop in a grocery store on a whim and buy an expensive steak. That is my very favorite cut of steak.

Last night:
Lobster ravioli topped with cremini mushrooms sautéed in evoo + salted butter with shallots, garlic, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, s+p; tamari
Baked salmon with lemon butter caper sauce
Grilled ramps

Tuesday we had leftover salad and takeout burgers and fries.

Monday:
Salad (romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, avocado, feta or blue cheese; ranch)
Turkey meatballs (from the freezer)
Mashed potatoes with leftover mushroom cream sauce
Asparagus in lemon butter

Sunday:
Salad (romaine, baby arugula, mushrooms, tomatoes, radishes, cucumbers, avocado, cubed mozzarella); vinaigrette
Carrot muffin (from Souk)
Toasted English muffins
Leftover steak, grilled, with leftover mushroom cream sauce
Baked potatoes
Leftover peas

Saturday:
Carrot muffin (from Souk)
Creamy Goat Cheese Pasta with Spinach
Sliced roasted red beets (rosemary, kosher salt, finely ground black pepper) over baby arugula; toasted walnuts

Friday:
Yellow beet salad with toasted walnuts and dill; vinaigrette
Broiled rib eye steak
Mushroom and brown rice casserole
Leftover mac and cheese

Thursday:
Romaine salad (cucumber, radishes, mushrooms, roasted yellow beets, mozzarella balls, hard-boiled egg; ranch)
Pumpernickel bread and butter
Broiled cod fillets with leftover mushroom cream sauce
Brown rice
Steamed broccoli
Leftover peas

• Like 2

Today was manicure day, so no way I was cooking. Also housecleaning day, so no way I was messing up the newly cleaned house!

So, salad. And last night, we prepped asparagus cheese dip, which we baked today and ate with rye crispbread. I love asparagus season! Ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

• Like 1

Ooh. The asparagus cheese dip sounds good. The apparent link doesn't link, though🙁. [I put it in, DR]

We had lamb meatballs for dinner last night. I was going to make the Armenian cumin lamb meatballs I do a lot but came into some rosemary yesterday and decided instead to make rosemary - garlic lamb meatballs instead. I kind of improvised. They came out well.

There were also leftover mushroom mashed potatoes, haricots verts with lemon butter, and salad (baby arugula + spring mix, cucumber, radishes, roasted beets, bacon, hard-boiled eggs; ranch).

• Like 2

Last night I supplemented the leftover salad with more of what was already in it and added sliced avocado to the top.

We also had chicken thighs I marinated for a short while in lime juice and Penzey's Singapore Seasoning. Then I seared them on a cast iron grill pan, sprinkled on more of the seasoning, and finished them in the oven. These were D'Artagnan Green Circle chicken thighs I'd defrosted. They are unbelievably good.

We also had rice pilaf, the last of the leftover peas, and some aged red, orange, and yellow bell peppers I'd seeded, flattened, and charred on the grill pan prior to doing the chicken.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2021 at 12:37 PM, Pat said:

Ooh. The asparagus cheese dip sounds good. The apparent link doesn't link, though🙁.

Well that's annoying. And I can't seem to edit it. Let's try again!

Asparagus Cheese Dip

So, the boy had a happy weekend - he got to grill twice!

Saturday, we had people over for game night. (Almost done with Machi Koro Legacy. I am SOOO glad we had finished, and won, Pandemic Legacy BEFORE the actual pandemic began!) So we got a baguette, made salad, and grilled little potatoes, asparagus, sugar snap peas, carrots, and hanger steak. Very tasty. Dessert was fun. I have one of those tiara cake pans that makes a cake shell - one layer, fluted edges, indent in the middle. So I made a genoise. Filled the center with lemon mousse, and topped with with strawberries. Was a big success.

Tonight he got to grill a whole chicken, along with snap peas, and asparagus. I made salad and biscuits. And we finished the cake. Very nice. The chicken will be part of several meals this week. He also grilled himself some kind of white fish, and made fish salad for his lunches this week.

• Like 3

That link works! Thanks. Looks fabulous.

Last night was a big baked pasta casserole, which I think may be my favorite just regular old thing to cook. It used a bunch of stuff I needed to use, so yay. Cavatappi was the pasta layer. Then came a layer of hot sausage, onions, garlic, charred bell peppers, and cremini mushrooms. I'd precooked that mixture because I figured it would take the longest prep time and I was going to be at the Nats early afternoon game yesterday. On top of that was a cheesy layer of cottage, ricotta, Parmesan, mozzarella, and eggs. Then marinara sauce. (I used Rao's, with a coating on the bottom of the casserole too.) The top was additional shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan.

I used the baking time to make a salad: baby arugula, tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, radishes, charred bell peppers + leftover beets; ranch. We also split a toasted poppy bagel.

We had both gone to the Nats game the previous (late) afternoon. No extra innings but extra long nonetheless. I toasted two poppy bagels for that occasion and we finished the last of the linguine with spinach and goat cheese, with some leftover salmon mixed in. That dinner was on the table in record time.

• Like 3

[If anything appears "weird" - i.e., links that don't link, edits that can't take place, excessive blank lines at the bottom of Pat's posts 🙂 - could you write me and let me know? I think a lot of settings have been overwritten, and I need to redo them. There's nothing that shouldn't be as it was before. Cheers, Rocks]

• Like 2

So, since Sunday was a grill a whole chicken day, that means... TAQUITOS! And so, last night was salad, and taquitos, and really, just an excuse for a guacamole pig-out. Tasty. 

Also, used some leftover biscuits with some strawberries, and whipped some leftover cream for shortcakes. More tasty.

• Like 2

More chicken - tonight we sautéed some mushrooms, added some of the chicken, put on some Italian seasoned tomato sauce, and had it over spaghetti with some mozzarella on top. Also, salad. And more English muffins with ramp butter.

Later, the last biscuits with the end of this week's strawberries and the rest of the cream, whipped.

• Like 2

Last night was ciabatta rolls from the freezer with butter (me) or evoo (himself); supplemented leftover salad; and leftover cavatappi and sausage, etc., casserole.

Tonight is more of the casserole, some sourdough bread from Whole Foods plus butter/evoo, and a romaine salad with cucumber, radishes, slivered onion, Campari tomatoes, avocado, and carrot with vinaigrette.

Historically...

Monday:
Tortilla chips and guacamole
Soup (leftover ravioli and mushrooms with carrot and Parmesan in chicken broth)
Leftover salad; ranch
Salmon patties on toasted English muffins; baby arugula, tomato; lemon caper sauce
Shrimp cocktail from Whole Foods for me me me

Tuesday:
Salad (baby arugula, romaine, tomato, radishes, cucumbers, celery, carrot, feta or blue cheese)
Whole wheat pita and roasted garlic hummus
Leftover salmon burgers with lemon caper sauce, sliced tomatoes, and romaine
Leftover sweet potato curry and brown rice

• Like 2

Last night was Jalapeno-Baked Fish with Roasted Potatoes and Tomatoes, Instant Pot pinto beans, wild rice, and sourdough bread. The leftovers of the fish (mahi mahi) will become tacos soon. Tortillas would have been more appropriate to accompany the fish, but I've got the bread to use. So, tacos it is for the leftovers.

The dish was based on a Rick Bayless recipe from Mexican Everyday, but the version I had (from the Post) had at least one error in it, so I checked around online to make sure I had a solid version. The blog I relied on called for using avocado, which I liked with this.

Friday night was more leftovers (sourdough bread, salad, and cavatappi, cheese, and sausage casserole) with one excellent addition: I decided to make asparagus bundles using deli ham and provolone. I blanched the asparagus for about a minute, quickly cooled it down, then wrapped a bunch of 3 in a ham slice and then wrapped a provolone slice around the outside and ran the bundles under the broiler until the cheese was melty and browning. A little mustard on the side of the ham facing the asparagus would have been a good extra touch. Since I'm the only one who likes mustard, I decided not to experiment. Next time.

• Like 2

My food has been so boring lately, mostly a lot of salads and leftovers. 
Today I had leftover pasta sauce that had sausage and olives in it, and I had mini bagels, and I used the sauce plus Parmesan to make little bagel pizzas. I ate them with a big green salad. It was so ridiculously satisfying! Desert was some squares of dark chocolate from Aldi. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Katya4me said:

Dinner tonight with modifications: https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/zucchini-ricotta-lasagna/ Cottage cheese instead of ricotta, didn't have provolone and had some frozen ground chicken that had freezer burn. Also, just sprinkled on unfried bread crumbs during the last few minutes in the oven. Pretty darn tasty if you ask me.

I needed some zucchini and yellow summer squash for a recipe and overbought to ensure I'd have enough. I'll keep this in mind as an idea and see how much excess I have. (It's frustrating not to have access to scales in the produce aisles while shopping. I didn't see any and didn't want to spend lots of extra time in the store searching, so I just grabbed extra produce.)

Last night was a salad (spring mix, cucumber, radishes, tomatoes, Craisins, marcona almonds; vinaigrette), more of the sourdough bread, broiled NY strip steaks, and bicolor corn on the cob (produce aisle impulse purchase, from Florida, okay for a cold Memorial Day weekend. While not exactly peak quality corn...summer's coming!)

• Like 1

So, Saturday was game night here again. 4 of us. SOOOOO nice to have people over again! Salad. Pork tenderloin, bourbon marinade, mustard/egg sauce. Broccoli (Bittman recipe. It was only OK.) (blanched, shocked, then sautéed in olive oil with garlic and lemon zest then lemon juice. A bit soggy and too much lemon). Asparagus custard (Pepin recipe from "Fast Food my Way. Fabulous. I have yet to have a Pepin recipe go wrong.) Bread. Ice cream cake for dessert. (Chocolate graham cracker crust in springform pan with cheesecake ice cream from "Sweet Cream and Sugar Cones." Topped with those little crunchy chocolate pearls and sliced strawberries.) The dessert was the hit of the night. I want more of it.

Sunday was cherry meatballs out of the freezer on naan with yogurt. Also salad. And more ice cream cake!

Monday was calzones - ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, asparagus, mushrooms, tomato sauce to dip. Also salad. They were OK, but a bit doughy. We need more practice. I am starting not to trust Bittman recipes. And the end of the ice cream cake.

Tonight, pork shoulder in the crockpot, so pulled pork on potato rolls with dinosaur bbq roasted garlic sauce. Also salad. No more ice cream cake so back to the regular ice cream later. Maybe strawberry miso, maybe the stuff from Mount Desert.

• Like 4

Last night was another (final) round of freezer Chili Relleno. Also salad. And ice cream, with sliced strawberries. It was so sad - something had happened to the sour cream. I think maybe it froze? The top few inches had turned to rubber. So, greek yogurt instead as a topping. Not as good. Not as good AT ALL.

Tonight will be leftover pork sandwiches, salad, and ice cream with sliced strawberries. I do love strawberry season. And soon it will be cherry season!

• Like 1

This week so far:
Monday
Salad (Spring mix, romaine, radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes, marcona almonds, craisins, hard-boiled eggs; ranch)
Sourdough bread
Leftover cavatappi, cheese, and sausage casserole
Baked chicken thighs
Asparagus with butter, s+p

Tuesday
Leftover salad
Fish tacos; romaine, radishes, creme fraiche; cilantro; avocado
Leftover wild rice and pinto beans
Plum and raspberry clafoutis (From David Lebovitz's The Sweet Life in Paris)

Wednesday
Cobb Salad with homemade croutons
Leftover steak and red wine shiitake mushroom sauce
Buttermilk mashed potatoes
Sautéed Summer Squash Ribbons

Thursday
Leftover Cobb Salad
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta

The pasta was from the site Katya linked a few posts back. I found several interesting-looking recipes there. The pasta didn't come out as well as the first thing I tried from the site: 30 Minute Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen. The ramen has been a great lunch dish.

• Like 3

Last night I made another air fryer poussin. That has become one of my favorite things to make in the air fryer. Comes out awesome.

We also had leftover buttermilk mashed potatoes; roasted kohlrabi with Parmesan; and, greens (kale and kohlrabi greens, garlic, onion, and tomato).

• Like 2

Friends came over for dinner, which prompted me to actually make a full meal, with courses!

Spinach dip with rice crackers

Salad of Romaine, red cabbage, cucumber, tomato, avocado with a Dijon vinaigrette  

Chicken Tinga over rice with roasted sweet potatoes. 

Peach Melba

• Like 3

Salad (arugula, spring mix, radishes, cucumber, craisins; vinaigrette)
"Anniversary Chicken"
Ham and provolone asparagus bundles

Those asparagus bundles are just awesome. They would be very good for a dinner party, if I were having one.

The chicken is the bare bones of a recipe that I got from the chef at an inn we stayed at in the Cascades decades ago. I may have described it here before, but it's browned chicken breasts topped with provolone and served over a white wine, mushroom, pine nut, and artichoke saucy mixture with some pesto mixed in.

• Like 2

Tonight:
Crackers topped with fontina and pepperoni
Salad (arugula, spring mix, radishes, mushrooms, cucumber, craisins; vinaigrette)
Leftover Cajun chicken pasta + pork sausage meatballs
Leftover sauteed squash ribbons

Last night:
Leftover salad
Whole air fryer roasted chicken
Leftover greens
Leftover asparagus bundles

The chicken was about 3 1/2 pounds. That's about the biggest that will fit in my air fryer. Chicken is soooooo good in an air fryer. Doing it in the oven, I find convection works better than the regular oven, but the standalone air fryer doesn't heat up the whole kitchen and does as well or better.

• Like 1

So, Sunday, not raining. Hence, grilling! He made chicken thighs using the marinade from this recipe. Asparagus, onions (An experiment. I didn't like them. He did.), yellow squash. Salad and cornbread. Raspberry and blueberry clafoutis for dessert.

And tonight, working on the using the freezer down project resulted in, yes, MORE GRILLING! Sausages, asparagus, and salad. More clafoutis later.

• Like 3

Leftover calzones came out of the freezer today. Baked to re-heat, Wegman's pizza sauce on the side, salad. More clafoutis. (One more day left. I will be sad when it is done.)

Calzones were way better the second time around - clearly, they needed to be baked hotter and a little longer. Also, the sauce was surprisingly good.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 9:11 PM, saf said:

I am starting not to trust Bittman recipes. 

I completely agree with you about Bittman — I stopped cooking any of his recipes long ago because I found the results to be somewhere between mediocre and extremely average. I regret having given one of his cookbooks to one of my daughters years ago. 

• Like 1

Lentils! OK, first, salad. Then Misir Wot with injera. Injera obtained from the lovely folks at Buna. (The boy has been getting coffee there almost every day since he got sent home to work. OK, not quite. He went to Quaila for a while, but when they closed for a while, then went to online ordering and pickup only, he started walking a little farther. And they really are such lovely people. And we both do love Ethiopian coffee. And he likes the extra walk, since he's not getting his commute metro walk in any more. And it is closer than Harrar. That is too far for every day. I think that they don't usually sell it, and just did it when he asked since he has been in there at least 5 days a week for over a year now. So I need to find a market for the next time.)

Anyhow, I got this really cool spice mix (Ethiopian Tibs Seasoning) in my Christmas stocking this year. (I think he got that at Buna too) So I wanted to use it. And so I did. And it was very good.

I think next I will make tibs. There are leftover lentils, and injera. So add tibs, and it will be delicious!

Later, ice cream with strawberries.

• Like 1

Saturday was grill day this week. 5 of us for grilling and games. So, a beer can chicken, carrots, asparagus, potatoes, summer squash, not-grilled salad, and not-grilled harvest grain bread. Butterscotch pudding with whipped cream, chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles, and peanut butter cookies for dessert. Very nice - and getting to see a friend that I have only seen on zoom for the entire pandemic was SOOOOOO nice!

Did some batch cooking today, and looking forward to tonight's asparagus mushroom quesadillas with guacamole and with strawberry salsa. Oh, and salad.

• Like 3

Mostly we've been eating leftovers. Lots and lots of leftovers, on repeat.

Last night I made something quick (but not leftover) after getting back from the Nats game:
Hotdogs on whole wheat buns; pickles
Baked beans (canned)
Roasted portobellos stuffed with buttermilk mashed potatoes
Other than the asparagus bundles wrapped in ham and cheese, the portobellos stuffed with mashed potatoes has to be one of my favorite 2021 concoctions. Mushrooms and mashed potatoes are great together, so this makes a nice package.

Tonight will be a salad of iceberg and radicchio, avocado, tomato, cucumber, and radishes with ranch; bucatini with anchovies, lemon, and onion; and, orange cauliflower baked with orange cheese sauce and buttered toasted cracker crumbs.

• Like 2

I made tibs! Had leftover lentils and injera, so wanted to make stuff to go with them. My sinuses melted. The boy was so happy. I will make these again. Later, ice cream topped with sliced strawberries. Chocolate, I think. We have some South Mountain ice cream in the freezer.

• Like 1

Asparagus season is coming to an end, so pile it on for as long as we can! Tonight was omelettes with goat cheese, mushrooms, and asparagus. Also salad and toast. 

Strawberry season may be running down too. So I made more infused vermouth for strawberry spritzes this weekend, and tonight the last of this week's strawberries will be on top of ice cream again.

• Like 1

Tonight was a simple salad of lettuce, Stilton, and cherry tomatoes with confit duck leg I’d made over the last few days. I have no idea how to actually make confit duck but found a recipe that air dried the legs with salt, thyme and garlic, then seared the duck legs, and used the rendered fat plus wine and a bit of butter to cook in the instant pot for an hour. After chilling a day or so, put the legs under the broiler to crispen and warm them. Probably not authentic but made for a great dinner. 

• Like 2

Tonight was easy dinner night - cleaners came today, and we hate to make the kitchen gross so quickly! So, salad and pork buns.

Pork buns made from leftover crockpot pulled pork that we pulled out of the freezer. The recipe uses frozen bread dough, but I just made this bread dough. Assembled and baked them over the weekend, popped them into the freezer. They nuke well straight out of the freezer. Quite tasty. Later, ice cream.

Wednesday:
Baguette and butter
Salad
Spicy chicken and peach skillet
Leftover portobello stuffed with buttermilk mashed potatoes
English peas

Thursday:
Baguette slices
Instant Pot chicken thighs with red wine sauce, leftover peas, and couscous

Friday:
Spinach salad with mushrooms, hard-boiled eggs, and cherries; balsamic vinaigrette
Grinder (baguette; beef, pork, onions, peppers, tomato sauce; provolone)

Last night:
Hamburgers on whole wheat sesame buns with tomato and sautéed mushrooms; cheddar or blue cheese
Air fryer sweet potato fries
Banana cream pie (no-bake)

Tonight:
Leftover chicken with peaches; corn on the cob; and, sourdough bread and Harbison cheese.

• Like 2

So, tonight. Chicken with herbs and lemon - simple, and tasty. Also, some bread. No salad. Why?

So, Saturday night we came home from a wonderful dinner. Went to the fridge to get a drink. The fridge was a bit warm. It had been making click noises... I should have realized. So it appears that the fridge is dead (again.) Luckily for us, last time it died, we got a small (not dorm sized, but not full sized) fridge for the basement. So, up and down the stairs we go carrying as much of the food as we could stuff into the downstairs fridge. Luckily, only had to trash about 20% of fridge contents, maybe a little more from the freezer. The lettuce had gotten too warm, but we thought it would be OK. No, then it froze as it was too far to the back in the basement fridge. Ah well. More lettuce will come in the South Mountain box tonight. There will be salad tomorrow.

Luckily, the ice cream had only partly thawed, so there will be ice cream soon.

And I sure hope they can fix it. Apparently it is currently nigh on impossible to get a new fridge, let alone a new black fridge. And repair folks can't get to us until Thursday. And who knows how long parts will take!

Thank God for the basement fridge.

Wednesday was pizza night. And cherries arrived at the farm market this week. So, brie and gorgonzola cherry pizza. Very tasty. Also, salad.

The refrigerator repairman is parked outside and has been for 20 minutes. When is he going to come in and fix my fridge?!

I am very grateful that we have the secondary fridge. But it froze the lettuce. So no salad tonight. Oh well, it has kept MOST things safe. Although, it also froze the basil yesterday. Luckily, there was basil in the back yard, so the pizza was still properly basiled.

However, the repairman came. The fridge had blown a few relays. The main fridge is now cooling back down! And at a reasonable price! (And what WILL NOT stop running through my head? "My Old Man" by the Smothers Brothers. "He wears a refrigerator repairman's shoes, he wears a refrigerator repairman's hat.') (They did a LOT of versions of that. I think that one has the refrigerator repairman line.)

So, there was asparagus-mushroom alfredo spaghetti. And garlic bread, made with rosemary sourdough bread. And later there will be ice cream.

And tomorrow, ALL THE FOOD will come back up from the basement to the kitchen!

• Like 2