JPW

Dinner - The Polyphonic Food Blog

The other night we had blackened cod with roasted garlic, green beans, and potatoes.

Yesterday we baked cherry-apple oatmeal and pecan sticky rolls in the morning, then roasted a trip-tip and more potatoes for dinner.  Served with sauteed green peas and store-bakery rolls.  I also made a batch of chicken congee for our scratchy throats.

• Like 2

Merguez, heirloom cherry tomatoes, arugula salad with grated Parmesan and lemon vinaigrette, baguette.  My fave quick & easy meal.

• Like 4

Last night was more red butter lettuce salad with radishes, tomatoes, strawberries, avocado, and balsamic vinaigrette; pan-roasted pork tenderloin that had been marinated in bottled teriyaki sauce; miso-roasted asparagus; mashed potatoes with sauteed button mushrooms; and, grilled broccolini dressed with a little of the teriyaki sauce.

• Like 3

Another forbidden rice bowl- with kale, curried squash, onions and pepper with a little sriracha and balsamic (sounds like an odd combo, but it worked).

• Like 2

The last of the lamb and vegetable stew from the freezer last night, along with chicken sandwiches on whole wheat with bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato.

• Like 2

Last night I warmed up one of the great burgers Hubby made on the grill the other night.  Brioche bun, banana peppers, roasted peppers and onions, blue cheese, lettuce and ketchup.  The warming up made it a little less juicy and flavorful than the ones right off the grill, but the toppings made up for that. Tonight is probably another solo just me dinner, I get particularly lazy when cooking for just me.

• Like 1

Salad of romaine, radishes, hard-boiled egg, and bacon with cilantro-avocado dressing
Whole wheat naan
Baked cavatappi with tomato - zucchini - and meat sauce

• Like 2

Well I went all out (well not all out, but I did more than scrounge through the fridge) for dinner last night just for me, as I figured Hubby could use some leftovers for tonight and this weekend while I am gone.  I made a veggie curry with cauliflower, peas, kale and leeks.  I steamed the cauliflower and kale, then took them out, sauteed leek and garlic, then added ginger, cardamon, cumin, curry powder, cayenne, garlic salt sauteed a bit, then added coconut milk, a bit more seasoning, including some tomato sauce I had in the fridge, sriracha, and added the steamed veg back in.  It turned out pretty good, with rice and some flatbreads from the freezer.

• Like 2

Baked chicken drumsticks
Steamed green beans with butter
Leftover mashed potatoes with mushrooms and added chives

• Like 1