High-Pressure, Single-Burner, Propane Stove

Rieux

My father has one of these http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-SH-140L-Pressure-Detachable/dp/B0000ASCU9 that he uses outside to sear fish, steaks, and blacken things.  He generally puts a 15 inch cast-iron skillet on it, gets it white hot with some oil and butter, and quickly sears things to then be either finished over a lower flame or in the oven.  (Striped Bass cooked this way, with a little salt, pepper, and lemon is divine.)

I just got one for my birthday.  I know how to do steaks and fish, but does anyone have any cool ideas on other ways I might use this?  I could see using it to boil large stockpots of water for lobsters, or canning, or things like that, but I am sure I am missing some cool things I could be doing!

My father has one of these http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-SH-140L-Pressure-Detachable/dp/B0000ASCU9 that he uses outside to sear fish, steaks, and blacken things.  He generally puts a 15 inch cast-iron skillet on it, gets it white hot with some oil and butter, and quickly sears things to then be either finished over a lower flame or in the oven.  (Striped Bass cooked this way, with a little salt, pepper, and lemon is divine.)

I just got one for my birthday.  I know how to do steaks and fish, but does anyone have any cool ideas on other ways I might use this?  I could see using it to boil large stockpots of water for lobsters, or canning, or things like that, but I am sure I am missing some cool things I could be doing!

Our building engineer uses something very much like this to fry turkeys during the holidays. Deelish!

• Like 1