Norfolk & Virginia Beach, Virginia

Puchina

11 hours ago, Keithstg said:

From where and to where in Maine? That's wild unless you are headed to Aroostoock County. I've been driving from DC or VA to ME for the past 19ish years, save for when we fly or leave from NY. Never taken more than 13 to NE Harbor. Of course, now I've jinxed myself...

There was a direct flight on United from Dulles to Portland, and Dulles to Bangor, but fear it's a casualty of the pandemic. 

I'm pretty sure it was just a fluke weekend of traffic - we went to Long Lake.  I think a lot of those regional airport flights are gonna be slow to come back.

We just decided to go to Virginia Beach next weekend. (Thanks, Yom Kippur and a day off from school in MoCo.) I haven't been to Virginia Beach in 20 years (!) and I don't think my husband has ever been. I'm not expecting a transcendent experience (we usually go to Ocean City, which I also find ... not transcendent -- the beaches within driving distance of Silver Spring are dreadful IMHO). That being said, does anyone have restaurant recommendations? We're not looking for fine dining. My husband's not really into it and we'll have my 7-year-old with us.