Laboratorio del Galileo, The Chef's Table at Galileo Downtown - Failed Experiment.

Thanks, AGM, my wife and I just returned from the Lab with another couple. It was interesting because the rest of the office building is closed and the air conditioning in Galileo/Lab was really limited. In short, it was hotter than we would have liked. Or Roberto would have liked. Still, it was a wonderful evening and we'll miss both him and the extraordinary experience he provides. Hopefully, when Galileo/Lab reopens a year or so from now it will be as good or better.

"Maybe I'll say more in the morning, when I'm awake and sober. Or maybe I won't. For now, I'm pretty damn happy."

-my EXACT words!!!!! Thank you, sir!

Edited by Joe H

Maybe I am dense, but if the place is moving to the Oyamel spot, won't Donna be cooking there? Why would his cooking change because he is at another spot?

Even if he moves, it's doubtful (or has he said he definitely won't be?) bring the Laboratorio to Crystal City.

Maybe I am dense, but if the place is moving to the Oyamel spot, won't Donna be cooking there? Why would his cooking change because he is at another spot?

My understanding is that the plans at Oyamel don't include a Laboratorio and Bebo Trattoria is supposed to be more casual than Galileo - according to Sietsema it is going to be a mix between the Osteria and Galileo.

I'm throwing away old papers and came across some unmarked notes in a small notebook that were clearly an attempt to detail a rather lengthy meal I'd had somewhere. From the address and phone number I'd written at the top of the first page, I discovered that it was a meal at the Lab at Galileo. I took a few classes there, but my husband and I only ate in the chef's kitchen once. I have no idea when it was now; other notes in the book give no real clue as to the date. The notes are pretty illegible and got more so as the meal went on :ph34r: . Some of the notes refer to ingredients and others to presentation. It looks like it was a wonderful meal. I remember enjoying it.

• Like 1

I'm throwing away old papers and came across some unmarked notes in a small notebook that were clearly an attempt to detail a rather lengthy meal I'd had somewhere. From the address and phone number I'd written at the top of the first page, I discovered that it was a meal at the Lab at Galileo. I took a few classes there, but my husband and I only ate in the chef's kitchen once. I have no idea when it was now; other notes in the book give no real clue as to the date. The notes are pretty illegible and got more so as the meal went on :ph34r: . Some of the notes refer to ingredients and others to presentation. It looks like it was a wonderful meal. I remember enjoying it.

Scan and post!

Scan and post!

I don't currently have a way to scan, but thanks for getting me started on transcribing. There are only two words I can't get (and I doubt someone else would be able to figure it out from a scan anyway). I remember the fois gras mousse but not much of the rest of it.

Prosecco

4 kinds of bread

sm breadsticks

long breadsticks

fried dough (french fried donuts)

fresh rolls

frog’s leg chicory

fois gras (pureed - custard) w/peaches on top (flowers?)

crusty like blowtorch

potato leek soup w/peas

spoonful lobster salad

tortellini red beet ricotta

w/Parm cut in pieces

pappardelle w/rabbit ragu

upside down Mexican hat

--risotto w/chanterelle mrms + fruit

sea bass

fennel

d[illegible] tomato

saffron broth