deangold

What Are You Drinking Right Now?

My brother can't drink right now, and he and his wife just told everyone they're about to have a daughter, so I'm having his favorite liquor - Four Roses Small Batch - for him.

yum

Bold Rock Virginia Apple hard cider with homemade cranberry liqueur.  The "Tastes Like Fall" cocktail.

Last night at Sparks - 1/2 bottle of '04 Chasse Spleen. It was fine, as were the veal chop and creamed spincah.

I'm now in love with The Kimmie, The Yink, and the Holy Gose from Anderson Valley.  Not a skull splitter like the imperial IPAs I had favored, a mere 4.2 percent ABV, but loaded with flavor with the balance of a little salt, a little sour, and a little beer.  

Barbancourt blanc, Ting, a squeeze of lime, ice.  Thinking Ting might make an excellent Paloma. 

Ting and Jarritos have been the grapefruit soda recommendations I've seen for a Poloma.

I've been a fan of the San Pellegrino Pompelo soda for Palomas.  The Ting is a little sweet for me.  The Pellegrino has a nice balance of sweet and bitter.

I've been a fan of the San Pellegrino Pompelo soda for Palomas.  The Ting is a little sweet for me.  The Pellegrino has a nice balance of sweet and bitter. 

I should try Pompelo with alcohol. I love the San Pellegrino fruit sodas, but I detested the flavor of Pompelo when I tried my first.

Homemade German strawberry creme liquor. I know most of you snobs are rolling your eyes at the thought of drinking such a thing but I have no problems admitting to my love to sweet, creamy drinks.

The miniature of elderberry creme is next; I'm 2 kilos over the allowed weight limit for flying and I'm not eating the foie till I'm in the States so this is the easiest way to make my bag lighter.

• Like 2

Last night for dinner at Tallula we enjoyed Marc Tempe Zellenberg Riesling, Jonata La Sangre de Jonata Syrah, and to finish the night off Araujo Altagracia.

Four Roses single barrel.  Inspired to try it again by Dean Gold in a comment made in a Pappy van Winkle thread.  Nice caramel and a bit of spice in the middle.  I like it more than I recall from the last time I had some, but my go to is still Noah's Mill.

Phililp Togni Vineyard 1992 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Bottled. Carefully decanted. Very much enjoyed.

Grandma.  Lost in July but if you watch the Valley Park, MO flood pictures that was her home, church (Sacred Heart), and our hotel (Drury Inn, highly recommended) we stayed at when we visited.  I-44 and State Highway 141.

2004 Juan Gil Jumilla

I found it in the "cellar," which is the rack in my basement. I was afraid it would be too old, but it's lovely. Does anyone know anything about this wine? There are two more bottles down there!

This 2004 Jumilla would *by no means* be too old - it should be fresh as a daisy. Vibrant, red fruits, and with absolutely *no* browning. Assuming proper storage, I would not have advised opening this wine before the age of ten - you did the right thing by holding onto it.

• Like 1

This 2004 Jumilla would *by no means* be too old - it should be fresh as a daisy. Vibrant, red fruits, and with absolutely *no* browning. Assuming proper storage, I would not have advised opening this wine before the age of ten - you did the right thing by holding onto it.

Maybe you should pay for your drink purchases with these???

post-2-0-08426300-1457683887_thumb.png

I have two bottles of 2003 Muga riserva Rioja. Unfiltered.  It's been stored in a cool basement.  Is it likely to be drinkable, or plonk?  Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

So, I answered my own question! Online reviews suggested that the wine would be very good.  I opened it with friends (and had a backup just in case).  The wine was awesome!  Now I can't wait to open the second bottle!

I have a few bottles. of Billecart Salmon Brut Rose ready to start off Thanksgiving.  It is a tradition in our house and my wife's favorite champagne.