sklarithy

Rose's Luxury, Chef Aaron Silverman's Modern-American Phenomenon on 8th and G Street in Barracks Row

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

Holiday gift card that comes with a reservation between January and March is back and on sale!

Thanks, I just took care of my anniversary dinner a month and a half in advance! 😀

• Thanks 1

Link to the post I made in the Frankly Pizza thread on the documentary featuring both restaurants.

On 11/19/2018 at 1:44 PM, Kev29 said:

Thanks, I just took care of my anniversary dinner a month and a half in advance! 😀

Late! Should have done this for our anniversary dinner, too. May have to try same day reservation. 

• Like 1

Visited last night as part of a corporate private party.  I'm sure there are a number of spaces/configurations for private events - we were seated in the front room upstairs, which was very comfortable for 15 or so guests.  Service was fantastic as always and the food was a unanimous hit - some dishes I hadn't seen on the menu before (though I hadn't visited in some time).  I wasn't part of the planning process so unsure what options or prices were available.  The two wines for the evening were a Sancerre that carried us through the first 2/3 of the menu, followed by a french red but I didn't catch the specific type - that being said, the full bar and wine list were available.  A quick rundown from memory as there was no printed menu:

1. Foie Gras amuse
  2. Coconut ice cream with caviar
  3. Oysters with cream and spicy granita
  4. English Muffin with clotted cream and orange marmalade.  This was the highlight for me - yes, the bread course.
  5. Lychee Salad
  6. Squash blossom rangoon.  This was the low for me (but was still pretty good).  It was salty and fried, but beyond that I wouldn't have been able to tell you it was a squash blossom or contained crab
  7. Honey fried chicken
  8. Rigatoni alla vodka with calamari - just a fantastic pasta dish
  9. Linguini with shrimp and garlic
  10. Wedge salad
  11. Tomahawk steak (picture below) - impressive presentation.  Came with roasted garlic, also separate pans of roasted mushrooms and potato straws.  The steak was fantastic - the mushrooms were very balsamic and cold - seemed better suited to a salad than a steak accompaniment, particularly the temperature
  12. Cinnamon toast crunch ice cream topped with crushed cereal ("palate cleanser")
  13. Chocolate pecan pie topped with chocolate mouse and vanilla ice cream

They honestly could've stopped after the chicken and everyone would've been satisfied, but the servers were good sports about making to-go boxes.  Also noted that one member of the group had a severe shellfish allergy that the restaurant handled very well.

IMG_3750.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1