Private, Quiet, Discrete, Inexpensive Business Lunch on DC Metro

bookluvingbabe

Nothing like lots of restrictions to hamper you as you try to help someone find a place for a lunch meeting.

It needs to be somewhere quiet, ideally with a booth or table set up so two people can sit next to each.

It can't be too expensive (so Proof is out...)

It has to be on the Metro line in DC, because there isn't a lot of time.

Any ideas?  I'm out of ideas on this one.

Thanks!

Is Station 4 too expensive?  It's directly opposite the Waterfront metro station.  I haven't eaten there in quite a while, though, so can't vouch for the current food quality.  The times I've been in there at the end of the lunch period it's been fairly quiet, though, again, not recently.  They have a round banquette-type table in their lounge area that sounds like what you want, but I don't know if that has lunch table service or if it's even available at lunch.  You'd have to call.  I can't recall if the regular dining room has tables with a lot of privacy.

ETA:  This is the table I'm talking about.

Is Station 4 too expensive?  It's directly opposite the Waterfront metro station.  I haven't eaten there in quite a while, though, so can't vouch for the current food quality.  The times I've been in there at the end of the lunch period it's been fairly quiet, though, again, not recently.  They have a round banquette-type table in their lounge area that sounds like what you want, but I don't know if that has lunch table service or if it's even available at lunch.  You'd have to call.  I can't recall if the regular dining room has tables with a lot of privacy.

ETA:  This is the table I'm talking about.

I've only been to Station 4 one time, but from what I remember, I like this suggestion (assuming you want neither food nor decor to seize the moment).

[When I find time, I'm going to break the three Downtown sections of the DC Dining Guide down by proximity to Metro, so the guide will eventually become more useful in that regard.]

Finemondo downtown half a block from Metro Center would be a choice.  It's directly across the street from the National Press Club Building.

I've been there several times for lunch and it's usually very quiet.  They have a more formal (ie: white table cloth setting) dining room in the back and a more casual tratoria style dining room in the front.  Booths, round tables, square tables and its not overly expensive.  Most entrees are mid teens (pasta) to low 20s (fish and meat course).  Sandwiches and entree salads run low teens.

The food is acceptably decent.  

I've only been to Station 4 one time, but from what I remember, I like this suggestion (assuming you want neither food nor decor to seize the moment).

[When I find time, I'm going to break the three Downtown sections of the DC Dining Guide down by proximity to Metro, so the guide will eventually become more usefull in that regard.]

I suggested Station 4 based on geography. Mr. Blb was impressed that other people backed me up.