Roberto Donna Truffle Dinner @Delaplane Cellars 10/20

Joe H

Roberto is returning to Delaplane Cellars for a dinner on Sunday, October 20th. Two of the five courses will be truffles. This is one of Virginia's best wineries and one of its most spectacular. The winery is halfway up the side of "Lost Mountain" with floor to ceiling plate glass windows 15' high that face the west. When the sun sets it is absolutely gorgeous looking out over the valley below. The seats of this dinner will all be by the windows starting at sunset. A breathtaking setting.

With Roberto cooking.

Delaplane's best wine. (I believe the Williams Gap is a landmark wine for Virginia.)

And Fall colors.

There are 10 or 12 seats left and I thought I would alert everyone if there is interest. Delaplane is just outside of Paris...Virginia which is about 45 minutes west of I 495 between I 66 and route 50.

www.delaplanecellars.com

Following is the announcement of the dinner.

Chef Roberto Donna returns

to Delaplane Cellars...

with Truffles!

White Truffles & Wine

Sunday, October 20th 2013

5:30 PM

with the renowned Chef Roberto Donna of Al Dente Ristorante!

Chef Roberto Donna, James Beard Award winner, received the coveted

Esquire's Chef of the Year for 2012

Menu Piemontese

"Quattro Antipastasti Piemontesi"

Vitello Tonnato, Peperoni Ripieni, Tonno di Coniglio, Uovo all Bagnetto Verde

Veal in a Tuna Sauce, Stuffed Peppers, Herb Marinated Rabbit, Hard Boiled Egg in Green Sauce

Delaplane Cellars 2011 Rose

"Raviolini del Plin"

Veal, Pork, Rabbit and Cabbage Filled Ravioli with Butter, Sage and Castelmagno Cheese, Topped with Veal Jus and

White Truffles

2010 Delaplane Cellars Springlot Reserve

"Risotto al Tartufo"

Acquarello Rice Simmered in Veal and Chicken stock with Parmigiano Reggiano, Butter and White Truffles

2010 Delaplane Cellars Estate Left Bank Reserve

"Faraona Ripiena al Fegato, Patata al Rosmarino"

Duck Liver Stuffed Roast Guinea Hen Breast, Rosemary Potato Tart

2010 Delaplane Cellars Williams Gap Reserve

"Torto al Cioccolato, Pere Zabaglione, Torcetti"

Chocolate Pear Torte, Torcetti, marsala Wine Zabaglione

2011 Delaplane Cellars Estate Late Harvest Petit Manseng

$160.00 per guest

(all inclusive)

Limited Seating, Please Reserve:

540-592-7210

or

betsy@delaplanecellars.com

Payment due at time of reservation

Refunds cannot be given after October 10

Note: for some reason I am having difficulty using the link above to access their website. Please type www.delaplanecellars.com into your browser and it should bring up the complete website.

I don't see anything on their website. I sent an email to them, may be interested in going.

Please call Betsy Dolphin @ 540-592-7210 or e-mail her: betsy@delaplanecellars.com I copied and pasted the announcement above which, I believe, was sent out as a mailing. Roberto is going to do a mailing this weekend.

Would enjoy meeting you especially with Jim and I having been to Black Ankle! Actually, I've been to Black Ankle twice now, first time in December with Carol. Jen, I believe you would really enjoy the Delaplane dinner and hope that you can go. Spectacular setting at night and with Roberto and truffles...

Sorry to sound like a salesman but this will be a great evening!

I believe that in seven or so years on this board it's the first dinner that I ever mentioned. (I'm not an organizer-just thought some on this board would enjoy it.) As you know, Jen, I am just really passionate about this winery and years ago was a huge fan of Laboratorio. His white truffle risotto may be his signature dish. And all of my extended hyperbole about VA wine will be on the table for everyone to taste.

My guess is that this will be similar to the first dinner which Roberto did there, i.e. a reception for 45-60 minutes and then a two and a half to three hour sit down dinner.

Hope to see you.