43rd Annual Scottish Walk Weekend Events, December 6-7

ktmoomau

On December 6 - 7, 2013, The Campagna Center will hold the 43rd Annual Scottish Christmas Walk Weekend and Parade, in partnership with The Saint Andrew's Society of Washington, D.C. and the City of Alexandria. A tradition that honors Alexandria's rich Scottish heritage with a variety of activities to ring in the holiday season, the Scottish Christmas Walk Weekend generates much-needed financial support for our programs.

The event is consistently ranked by the Southeast Tourism Society as one of the top 20 events in the South and regularly draws nearly 30,000 attendees. Activities include:

• Christmas Marketplace featuring unique holiday gifts. Apply To Be A Vendor Here
  • Heather and Greens sales with wreaths and garlands to fit every budget.  Coming soon!
  • Deck the Halls with Santa children's party. Purchase Tickets Here
  • The Taste of Scotland, which begins with Patron Pub, a complete top-shelf tasting menu that includes various rare scotches. Purchase Tickets Here
  • Annual Parade with pipe and drum bands and representatives of over 100 Scottish clans. Apply To March Here
  • Annual Holiday Home ToursPurchase Tickets Here

The Campagna Center, Alexandria's leading not-for-profit organization, equips children and families with a comprehensive set of tools they need to thrive and succeed. Since 1945, we have served the community by offering a range of programs that foster a dedication to learning among children, youth, and adults. Over 1,700 children and families took advantage of our services on a daily basis last year.  

I happen to be the Events Donation Chair for the Scottish Christmas Walk Weekend, and our two other major fundraising events.  I know many of you get asks all the time from very worthwhile charities to make donations.  I would absolutely love a donation to one of our events if you would be interested, donation big or small, monetary or in-kind.  This is an organization that has been in Alexandria providing critical services to the community for almost 70 years, all the money raised at this events goes back into their programs.  I can send you the information about the publicity you get for giving a donation, please just PM me with your email address.  And a big thank you to some of the members on here who consistently support the Campagna Center.    

• Like 2

As an update, Heather and Green sales are live here:  http://www.campagnacenter.org/events/scottish-christmas-walk-weekend/heather-and-greens  so please anyone considering buying greenery for your home or business, consider buying it from us.  You can pre-order it then just swing by the Campagna Center or Masonic Memorial and we will have it bagged with your name on it ready to go into your car!  They have really nice greens, my Mother and I always get our greens there.

Tickets are selling, selling, selling, so get your tickets to Deck The Halls, Taste of Scotland and the home tours (which are really a lot of fun, we love doing them).

Even if you don't buy a ticket to the events, you can stop by the Marketplace, which gives you a chance to win a $1,000 gift card just for visiting and getting your card punched at the different stations, no purchase required!  But we have some great vendors, so hopefully you do find something you like.

Come to the parade, and lastly check us out and like us on facebook!