Kitchen Confidential, The TV Series

Nadya

On behalf of all hostesses, I object to the "not very bright" part. Where is my lynch mob smilie????

KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL (FOX) - Jaime King ("Pearl Harbor") has joined the cast of the comedy pilot, about the life of New York bad boy chef Anthony Bourdain (played by Bradley Cooper as Jack Bourdain). She'll play Tanya in the project, which also stars Nicholas Brendon, Owain Yeoman and John Francis Daley. Her character is described in the casting notice as: "Mid-late 20’s. Hostess at the restaurant wears impossibly tight dresses. Sweet and stylish, but not very bright, she fails to seat the restaurant critic in a timely fashion, or at the correct table." (NN sez: lynchstill.gif to that) Darren Star is directing the project, which is set up at 20th Century Fox Television, New Line Television and Darren Star Productions, from a script by David Hemingson. Star, Hemingson, David Knoller and Jim Rosenthal then executive produce.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/newswire.cgi?id=6858

http://the-oc.entertainment-news.org/

Arresting Developments for Fall TV

E! Online - Fri May 13th 2005 at 9:45 pm ET

Fox (presents Thursday) Returning shows confirmed: American Idol, Cops, Family Guy, House, Malcolm in the Middle, Nanny 911, The O.C., The Simpsons, That '70s Show Pilots with good buzz: Prison Break, directed by Brett Ratner (Rush Hour), a drama about a man who gets himself thrown in jail so he can help his death row inmate brother escape; Kitchen Confidential, a comedy based on chef Anthony Bourdain's best-selling autobiography and starring Alias' Bradley Cooper; Deviant Behavior, a Law & Order: Special Victims Unit knock-off; Dirtbags, a comedy starring Melissa Joan Hart; Fertile Ground, a drama about a fertility clinic; Don't Ask, a comedy about a dad (Spin City's Alan Ruck) who tells his family he's gay; and Hitched, starring NYPD Blue and Saved By the Bell alum Mark-Paul Gosselaar in a drama about a brother and sister who run a 24-hour wedding chapel in Las Vegas Other pilots in contention: New Car Smell, starring Brooke Shields in a comedy about a used car dealership; Queen B, a comedy starring Alicia Silverstone; Bones, a crime investigations drama starring Angel's David Boreanaz; Windfall, starring Luke Perry in a drama about a group of friends who win the lottery; Briar & Graves, a drama about religious phenomena; Head Cases, a drama about a hotshot attorney (Chris O'Donnell) who gets fired after he has a nervous breakdown; Reunion, a drama that follows the lives of a group of friends throughout a 20 year period; the comedy The War at Home, starring Michael Rapaport; Murder Book, a crime drama starring Josh Brolin; and the drama Amy Coyne, starring Tom Berenger.

Edited by Nadya

Here is more info and photos:

http://www.buffy.nu/article.php3?id_article=9586

I'm really surprised Bourdain signed off on this given his dislike for celebrity chefs in general.  I can't imagine it tracks too closely to the book given that this simply wasn't what the book was about.

I believe that money may be a factor in Bourdain's involvement

Edited to add:

This may be the understatement of the year

Edited by brendanc