Blackwall Hitch, Partner Larry Ray Leading the Development of the Former Torpedo Factory Food Pavilion

Interesting. I did recently see signage for the Waterfront Market Cafe in the arcade.

Hey, if they can manage to pull off good food directly, and not inversely, proportional to the good views, I'm all for it.

That and I'm glad the old food court building will not (yet) become a blighted, vestigial homage to a failed attempt at a tourist-drawing waterfront that never reached its full potential.

I'm looking at you, Philly.

Fingers crossed that this pans out in terms of plans & good food.

Based on location, size, market, etc., it's hard to imagine the food could ever be - or would ever try to be - much more than serviceable. Virtue Feed and Grain tried to out-cuisine the area, and succeeded for a brief while, but ultimately, that part of Old Town is for a tourist crowd (not to say that's automatically bad - Michel Bras is for a tourist crowd, too).

Virtue Feed & Grain is exactly what I thought of when I read the blurb in the Patch (& I never ever got around to trying it, but based on recent reports, I'm not sad). Unfortunately, restaurants that have a high tourist quotient don't have much incentive to have really good food, too- they can usually get by for awhile w/ location & atmosphere. Look at Indigo Landing...

So I eat here every now and again as it is really close.  The service can be mind numbingly slow some days, but very diligent on other days, which is frustrating.  The food is pretty good for the general purpose restaurant category, but isn't really elegant or creative, but it is in my office's regular OT rotation, especially since they have outside seating.  They have a really good deal for HH food, and Monday night, half price bottles of wine.  Although the wine selection isn't special, that means you get a pretty good deal.  I like their crabcakes and softshell sandwiches well enough.  Most everything on the HH menu is decent bar food.  And the seafood salad wasn't bad.  

We wanted to give this a try as we walk past on our way to Chart House all the time.  So on a TUESDAY night we stopped by and were told there was a 45-60 minute wait but we could eat out at the back bar.  We stepped out ant tried but half the fire pits were not working and it was to cold to eat without them.  The menu was torn and tattered,and the food listed wasn't impressive but we wanted to give it a try.  We moved to the bar for just a drink and the first three specialty drinks on their menu they didn't have the ingredients for, the staff were all asking each other 'do you remember what that table ordered' to try to get billing done, and the drinks were mediocre. 

Won't be going back,

Star

They haven't had servers on the front patio recently  from time to time, but my friend and I wanted to sit and have a drink with the dogs, they said we could if we went in to order at the bar.  They didn't have mule glasses which meant we got a very generous size cocktail in the clean glassware they did (they were also doing at least one special event that day).  They seem to need a big service kick in the butt, and the hostesses are often quite brisk and not overly accommodating of any requests.  The bartenders are all really nice, but they seem to be overwhelmed by the amount of places they also have to be servers for.  The hostess said we couldn't order take out from the bar when we got drinks and eat it on the front patio, but a manager who was out there said to go for it, that he didn't care and apologized for not having a server out there.  This is such a hard space, as it really is huge, but they need to get it together because they are only going to get busier this summer.  Some of their items are pretty good though, these days when I am craving lunch from there, I call in a take out order as that is way faster.