The Washington Football Team Problem: A Proposed Solution

DonRocks

I believe this "solution" to the issue was first proposed to Tony Kornheiser in 1992, though he later conscripted it as his own:

The Bandwagon (copyright Anthony I. Kornheiser, U.S. Copyright Office 271742103724) would like to welcome . . . Don Connolly, who suggests the Redskins keep their name, but change their symbol to a redskin potato ("this would be breaking new ground, so to speak; I can't think of another team named after a vegetable")[.]

Apparently PETA recently revived this suggestion.

I believe this "solution" to the issue was first proposed to Tony Kornheiser in 1992, though he later conscripted it as his own.  Apparently PETA recently revived this suggestion.

Ha! And I wish I could claim this idea as original thought, but I got it from Nick Stengel on Facebook. I should have known this would have been thought of a million times before. "Kale to the Redskins" was my own, however. :(

• Like 1

"Kale to the Redskins" was my own, however. :(

I thought of this tonight as I ate a Kale Caesar at Green Pig.  Their version combines two trite food items, kale and boquerones, that I hope never become trite.  Kale is great in this kind of salad and boquerones are one of my favorite things (I "discovered" them at Jaleo long before they became ubiquitous, and I wonder why it took us so long).  So, as a life-long resident of this area, hail yeah:  "Kale to the Redskins."

• Like 1

This fellow seems to personify the nickname:   

Ouch! I'm surprised he's smiling.

(In case anyone doesn't know, aspirin contains sunburn-fighting properties - I'm not sure what they are, but something in aspirin really does help soothe sunburn (take it from someone who learned the hard way and heard it from a dermatologist)).