Bronx Pizza & Subs, Clarendon's Answer To Adams Morgan's Revolting Jumbo Slice

On 4/3/2013 at 7:43 AM, DonRocks said:

Then again, when I drove by the other night, Bronx Pizza Subs had a line out the door and down the sidewalk. It broke my heart, and I lost hope for the future of humanity.]

I'm surprised about the line out the door too.  I haven't been there since the beginning, but after trying a slice of pizza and a sub, I thought they weren't going to last.  I haven't been back since.

(Not sure if you want a separate thread for Bronx Pizza or to move this to Dining in Clarendon)

51 minutes ago, hopsing said:

I go to Liberty Tavern, Bronx Pizza, and Amsterdam Falafel.  That is about it for me.  Maybe a chocolate chip scone from Whole Foods once in a while.

Am I missing something about Bronx Pizza? I have it ranked *last* in Clarendon (purposely, not randomly) - lower than Don Tito and Mario's - which is really saying something.

1 hour ago, DonRocks said:

Am I missing something about Bronx Pizza? I have it ranked *last* in Clarendon (purposely, not randomly) - lower than Don Tito and Mario's - which is really saying something.

I am only talking about a freshly made pie.  I've had their pizzas by the slice and they are generally very dry.  I try to bring someone with me so we can order a pie.  I like mushrooms on it.  The fresh pie is very good.  Granted, my husband won't come with me (he doesn't like their pizza) so I have to drag other people.  I think the dragged people like it.  I might survey them and find out.  I recently learned that a friend had moved to Clarendon and we were going to meet for lunch.  I, of course, suggested Bronx Pizza.  He said:  I love that place!  He even had a frequent diner card (which I didn't even know about).  He's Italian American FWIW.  I like NY style in general and this sort of fits the bill.  Wiseguy Pizza is still my favorite in this area, then Piola, then Bronx Pizza.  I like the manager too (big bear of a guy); he is very nice.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hopsing said:

I am only talking about a freshly made pie.  I've had their pizzas by the slice and they are generally very dry.  I try to bring someone with me so we can order a pie.  I like mushrooms on it.  The fresh pie is very good.  Granted, my husband won't come with me (he doesn't like their pizza) so I have to drag other people.  I think the dragged people like it.  I might survey them and find out.  I recently learned that a friend had moved to Clarendon and we were going to meet for lunch.  I, of course, suggested Bronx Pizza.  He said:  I love that place!  He even had a frequent diner card (which I didn't even know about).  He's Italian American FWIW.  I like NY style in general and this sort of fits the bill.  Wiseguy Pizza is still my favorite in this area, then Piola, then Bronx Pizza.  I like the manager too (big bear of a guy); he is very nice.

Well I'd try it based on your experience, perspective and well developed NY Pizza taste buds...albeit I'm not a fan of piola  ;)   appears its a whole pizza and skip the slices

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, hopsing said:

I am only talking about a freshly made pie.  I've had their pizzas by the slice and they are generally very dry.  I try to bring someone with me so we can order a pie.  I like mushrooms on it.  The fresh pie is very good.  Granted, my husband won't come with me (he doesn't like their pizza) so I have to drag other people.  I think the dragged people like it.  I might survey them and find out. 

Flippin' Syndrome! (featuring the unnamed Joe H). I tried this once, and the whole pie was *much* better - until the remains took on a grayish hue several hours after sitting out. :mellow:

Did you say "drag(ged)" or "drug(ged)?" :lol:

• Like 1