Indian Kabob and Bread Dinner

Indian Kebob and Bread Dinner

Sunday, June 26th @ 5pm

Passage to India

4931 Cordell Avenue

Bethesda, MD

Cost: $60 includes tax (tip and alcohol not included -- people should bring cash)

Prepayment will be required through PayPal.

This event is open to 50 people.

Contact me if you would like to join us.

Kebabs And Breads

PATRANI MACHI

(fish fillet marinated in cilantro-chilli chutney, wrapped in banana leaf and baked)

TANDOORI BATER

(quails on the bone, marinated in yogurt –garlic and spices, then char broiled)

PHULKARI KABAB

( cauliflower florets grilled in the tandoor)

SOYA-DAL PARATHA

(lentil and wheat bread flavored with dill)

RESHMI MALAI MURGH

(supreme of chicken, roasted and glazed with scallion cream)

MAAS KE SULE

(diced lamb smoked with cloves)

TANDOORI KUKKURMUTTA

(grilled mushrooms)

DAL-BATI

(hearth baked wheat balls with spiced 5 lentil stew)

MURGH KALI MIRCHI

(chicken morsels ,moistened with cheese sauce and spiked with cracked peppercorns)

LAGAN ME PAAN KA KEEMA

(lamb mince spiced with betel leaf and cooked en daube)

PANEER HARYALI

(low fat house pressed ricotta, with mint and pepper chutney)

SHEERMAL- KADDU KA DALCHA

(milk enriched yeasty bread with a pumpkin and legume stew)

KARELI RAAN

(lamb shanks braised and finished in the tandoor)

TANDOORI ALOO

(dry fruit stuffed potatoes, glazed in the oven)

JALI MIRCHI AUR TAMATAR

(marinated and charred chunks of tomatoes and jalapeno peppers)

RUMALI- MAH KI DAL

(handkerchief thin bread with our famous black lentils)

TANDOORI PHALAHAR

(dates, pineapple, figs, grilled and steeped in ginger rum, served with reduced milk ‘Rabri’)

Sorry, still a little gunshyness from previous experiences.  I'm guessing that Hillvalley soon will be posting a list of those attending.

NP. Don't give it a second thought. :lol: For all you knew I was just some newbie who didn't bother to read the prior posts and thought that a reply was good enough.

On the topic of the event, I'm really excited about this one. Any Indian food event really peaks my interest, but the fact that it is at Passage to India with Chef Sudhir Seth makes it even more appealing! My thoughts go back to the Indian Street Food event last year...

Here is a link to last years street food dinner. I heard nothing but glowing amazement about how good the food is.

Just want to let you know that unless we have more people sign up in the near future this event runs the risk of being canceled. Please let me know if you are interested in attending. It would be a shame to miss such a special opportunity.

Here is a link to last years street food dinner.  I heard nothing but glowing amazement about how good the food is.

Just want to let you know that unless we have more people sign up in the near future this event runs the risk of being canceled.  Please let me know if you are interested in attending.  It would be a shame to miss such a special opportunity.

That is a six page thread. Go to page 5 for all the pictures. And I agree with Hillvalley, this is an oppoturnty that is not to be missed. Sign up now.

That is a six page thread.  Go to page 5 for all the pictures.  And I agree with Hillvalley, this is an oppoturnty that is not to be missed.  Sign up now.

I really wanted to attend this event but it unfortunately falls on the weekend when friends from Australia will be visiting.

Listen to Jacques, sign up now!

The current list. If you thought you were supposed to be on it please let me know, it's been a crazy couple of days :lol:

heather & sshorter

Jacques+2

crackers

babka

simdelish

shogun

mhberk+1

dcfoodie+1

alan7147+1

Mrs B. & Busboy

hannah+1

MelGold

mktye+5

Kathleen Michaels

Thanks to all of you who sent PM's letting me know you couldn't attend. For now, to keep things simple, please let me know only if you are definitely planning on attending. Those of you who can't will be forgiven after a reasonable penance ;)

Edited by hillvalley

Unfortunately we are going to have to cancel this event due to lack of response.

Please keep an eye on the calendar for upcoming events including a wine dinner at Tallulah in July.

Thanks to all of you who had hoped to have a wonderful evening of Indian food.