Do any restaurants or carry-outs in the area make a roasted lamb sandwich? I'm not looking for something with large chunks of lamb, like soulvaki; I'm craving a pile of thinly sliced lamb, maybe roasted leg with rosemary, still with some pink, on a crusty roll with a good slather of mayo and/or mustard, with some onion slices. Does such a hunk of heaven exist?

Do any restaurants or carry-outs in the area make a roasted lamb sandwich? I'm not looking for something with large chunks of lamb, like soulvaki; I'm craving a pile of thinly sliced lamb, maybe roasted leg with rosemary, still with some pink, on a crusty roll with a good slather of mayo and/or mustard, with some onion slices. Does such a hunk of heaven exist?

crackers couldn't possibly have anticipated this in 2006, but G Sandwich serves a Wood Roasted Spring Lamb Sandwich.

I know it's not done to say anything nice about Mike Isabella on this site ;) but the lamb sandwich at G is quite tasty.

While this is slightly off topic, I find that the perfect thing to do with leftover lamb leg is to slice into sandwich-sized bits, throw it in a container with some feta (or any goat cheese), a couple of sprigs of rosemary and enough olive oil to cover the whole thing and forget about it for about a week, at which time you toast some bread, turn on The Game (or a great movie) and eat like a King.  Or, anyway, an Earl.

• Like 2

I'm not sure I have this right, but a genuine lamb shawarma is perfect slices of roast lamb arranged on a vertical spit, and then re-roasted vertically to allow the flavors to blend and the fat to render and moisten the spit. To me, that's a righteous honkin' lamb sandwich. Mount of Lebanon has a very good version

Mount of Lebanon also makes "lamb sandwiches" with lamb brains, livers, hearts and kidneys. These are some serious lamb sandwiches from a place that provisions its own lamb from its own source and butchers it on premises.

You can even get it "tartare" here, served on pita bread with crunchy onions and relishes. I'm not talking about my beloved kibbeh nayyeh, although you can get that too. I'm talking about perfect raw lamb without the burghol.

And if you ask Kheder to just put a few slices of roast lamb on some fresh pita with toppings, you can probably get it there....but why pass up the other options?

I too am in love with the G Sandwich Lamb Sandwich. It is my second favorite sandwich in the city right now, with my first being the Baby Pig there.  I wish I ate more sandwiches, as I absolulely love this place.  As an aside, I like Kapnos fine, but it has never gotten my raves in the same way as G Sandwich.  And I am completely indifferent towards Graffiato.

Sundevich has two fantastic lamb sandwiches on their menu: the Athens (with cubed lamb chunks) and the Istanbul (with ground lamb/beef grilled on skewers).

As for Isabella, G is good, and Graffiato is totally fine/ok.

Of those Top Chef guys, I've always said that if Voltaggio was Pearl Jam (creatively and commercially successful), Isabella was Stone Temple Pilots (easy punchline but actually underrated) and Spike was Creed (Creed).

• Like 5

I'm not sure I have this right, but a genuine lamb shawarma is perfect slices of roast lamb arranged on a vertical spit, and then re-roasted vertically to allow the flavors to blend and the fat to render and moisten the spit. To me, that's a righteous honkin' lamb sandwich. Mount of Lebanon has a very good version

Mount of Lebanon also makes "lamb sandwiches" with lamb brains, livers, hearts and kidneys. These are some serious lamb sandwiches from a place that provisions its own lamb from its own source and butchers it on premises.

You can even get it "tartare" here, served on pita bread with crunchy onions and relishes. I'm not talking about my beloved kibbeh nayyeh, although you can get that too. I'm talking about perfect raw lamb without the burghol.

And if you ask Kheder to just put a few slices of roast lamb on some fresh pita with toppings, you can probably get it there....but why pass up the other options?

* Mount of Lebanon still offers this - the son owns the restaurant now, and the father runs the family's butcher shop in Warrenton, so you can be sure the meat's fresh.

post-2-0-78927700-1426752725_thumb.png 8.49 for either organs or brain; I *promise* the owner will make you a normal sandwich if you call

* Amoo's Kabob - Get a Grilled Lamb Kabob, and you're receive homemade pita. Pinch off some pita, and you've got one of the best lamb sandwiches in the area (technically grilled, not roasted):

post-2-0-62251200-1426752144_thumb.png $18 for a kabob large enough for two sandwiches on homemade bread, do-it-yourself

* Shawafel - A Lamb and Beef combination Shawarma, they don't seem to offer pure lamb.

post-2-0-33411700-1426752222_thumb.png $7.50

* The Carving Room - Cut from an actual Carving Table, they serve Roast Lamb on Ciabatta

post-2-0-25558700-1426752235_thumb.png $15

* Right Proper Brewing Company - An Eight-Hour Lamb French Dip could mean roasting in the oven, or sous-viding in hot water for eight hours; call and ask.

post-2-0-37729300-1426752276_thumb.png $14

* Zest American Bistro - Offers a Roasted Leg of Lamb Sandwich

post-2-0-29147200-1426752293_thumb.png $12.95

* Le Diplomate - Offers a Lamb Sandwich (without saying how it's cooked)

post-2-0-62281300-1426752304_thumb.png $15

* Cedar - Offers a Braised Lamb Sandwich (which may or may not be Oven-Braised)

post-2-0-68551000-1426752263_thumb.png $15

• Like 1

I ended up at Carving Room with some friends who were in town for the ACC Tournament, entirely randomly (through the Spotluck app, less because of the discount and more because it made a decision for us) and oddly enough having not seen this thread, ordered the roasted lamb. I thought it was delicious - the lamb was nicely roasted and flavorful, and the pickled vegetables were a nice flavor contrast. I don't particularly remember the impact of the sauce, so maybe they forgot it or there wasn't enough. I'm probably too lazy to end up doing a full review (my friends enjoyed what they got, and we shared an order of the cigars for appetizers, but I didn't sample their wares) but I'll be happy to go back if I'm in the area - I really enjoyed and it wasn't too heavy before sitting in Verizon Center for 5+ hours.

• Like 1