Private Room for 10 in Montgomery County this Sunday, February 2, 2014

KeithA

So our family is gathering for the un-Super Bowl party to celebrate my inlaws 40th anniversay but we've been slow to organize. So now I need your help - we're looking for a nice restaurant in Montgomery County that has a private room for 10 people (8 adults and 2 small kids) available this Sunday, Feb 3rd. Due to dietary issues, we need some place that has some vegetarian and fish options (but not Asian) - probably American, Italian, French, or Middle Eastern would fit the bill. So I know it is somewhat specific, but we need your help - suggestions please!

Okay, nobody has answered, so I'm going to float some letters out to restaurateurs. If you can chime back in and say which part of Montgomery County, that would be useful. Also, a minimum amount you'd be willing to spend (closing off a restaurant, even mid-afternoon, for 10 people, might be tough). What time is this function?

Aw, shit. I know see that you requested the 2nd, not the 9th. With the parameters given, there was no way to answer. I'm sorry. :(

Where did you end up, and how did they do?

I was very occupied with other things last week, and apologize for not being more on the ball - I could have helped you. It kills me when Help Needed requests go unanswered.

We ended up at Lebanese Taverna in Bethesda and had a nice time. We actually didn't get a private room (theirs is rather large and I believe was too big/expensive for our group).  They did put us separately with one big table in the back of the restaurant and had a semi-private feel. Good food and fun by all.  Food highlights were the pumpkin kibbeh (a veggie spin on traditional meat version), babaganoush (my favorite version around), chicken kabobs (sounds simple, but they are cooked perfectly to juicy perfection every time), great pistacio baklava, and good vanilla cardamon ice cream.

• Like 1

We ended up at Lebanese Taverna in Bethesda and had a nice time. We actually didn't get a private room (theirs is rather large and I believe was too big/expensive for our group).  They did put us separately with one big table in the back of the restaurant and had a semi-private feel. Good food and fun by all.  Food highlights were the pumpkin kibbeh (a veggie spin on traditional meat version), babaganoush (my favorite version around), chicken kabobs (sounds simple, but they are cooked perfectly to juicy perfection every time), great pistacio baklava, and good vanilla cardamon ice cream.

Gladys (Abi-Najm) once told me (or, at least implied) that Bethesda was her favorite L.T. (*) Still my favorite hummus in the area (that I know of - there's so much hummus in the area that nobody can make a definitive claim. I always order mine with the ground meat - I think it's worth the small upcharge).

I'm sorry the response here wasn't better. For anyone reading this: could you make a mental note ... anytime you see the "Help Needed" forums having unread posts, could you make that your first priority?

(*) Just as I was about to post this, I'm now vaguely recalling she might have said Upper Northwest; not Bethesda.

So our family is gathering for the un-Super Bowl party to celebrate my inlaws 40th anniversay but we've been slow to organize. So now I need your help - we're looking for a nice restaurant in Montgomery County that has a private room for 10 people (8 adults and 2 small kids) available this Sunday, Feb 3rd. Due to dietary issues, we need some place that has some vegetarian and fish options (but not Asian) - probably American, Italian, French, or Middle Eastern would fit the bill. So I know it is somewhat specific, but we need your help - suggestions please!

So bummed I didn't catch up with this earlier.  We would have been thrilled to have had you at matchbox in rockville.  Glad to hear all went well.

Chris