Super Bowl 2014 Commericals...

Joe H

I am typing this at 7:45 in the evening, near halftime of the Super Bowl.  Excepting one commerical with a steer and a bunch of cows I didn't like a single other commercial. Was that Fritos?   I will even go so far as to say that a lot of people threw their $8 million a minute away.

For Peyton Manning (who I am rooting for) thus far this may not be a Super Bowl they want to repeat.  For myself, who looks forward to commercials during it, it's not a Super Bowl that I want to repeat either.

And, FWIW, "Sonos" just played.  Has anyone ever heard of this?

We are now at the end of halftime.  And, during the last commercial break I went to the bathroom.  Just as I should have gone earlier.  This "Super Bowl' is no better than any other NFL game from the perspective of commercials.  They have just not been anything exceptional.  I'm sure a marketing person will rave about them but I think the whole "look forward to the Super Bowl for the commercials" is over.

They are commercials.

And no better than any other game.

A few people really blew it tonight.  At $8 million a minute.

I am laughing because I don't seem to trend with normal preferences, watching my friends tweets.

I have heard of Sonos, supposed to be very good, my Mom just got some of their speakers for Christmas.

I liked the Jaq commercial, the Dylan one just because I like Dylan, Budweiser was good too.  Seinfeld was ok, but after watching C in C with C, it just wasn't as funny as it could have been.  I also liked Colbert Pistachio the first one.  The Tebow ones weren't bad.  But overall I thought they were underrated.  I did find the cow one funny that they got the two nose licks so similar, wonder how long that took.

Yes, the cow one!  That is still my favorite and the Audi (it is now near the end of the fourth quarter although there were two that just aired that I really like (Doritos and GoDaddy).

Still, if I had spent $8 million I would have felt that it was wasted.  This was not a good football game.

The commercials were a particularly bad crop this year because I don't remember many of the ones that you have mentioned upthread.

The one that I liked the most was the Carmax slow clap commerical (mostly because the guy's kid fell off his bike because he started to slow clap).  My friends loved the Radio Shack commerical, I was less impressed.  From an advertisers point of view, and I am not one, I think that the Sodastream commerical was good because they showed how easy the product is to use.  Finally, lots of people raved about the Esurance commercial that was on right after the game ended, thankfully I was fast asleep by then.