"Happy" (2013), Written, Directed, and Sung by Pharrell Williams (1973-) From Despicable Me 2

DonRocks

"Happy" by Pharrell Williams is one of those songs I'll quickly consider to be an earworm, but not yet; right now, I consider it a personal momento of an old friend who makes me happy - think about this as a "To Whom Are You Drinking Right Now" post.

The accompanying video - 4 minutes long, but repeated over-and-over, lasting *24 hours* in duration - can be found at 24hoursofhappy.com. It's an interesting concept that I don't think is meant for listening until completion (*). :)

I like that such a cheerful song is performed in the (normally) sad key of F-Minor.

"Happy" will also be released on Williams' second studio album in 2014.

(*) Although ... 

It's only a matter of time before this becomes the wedding reception song that everyone just wishes would go away.

I think it might already be - I reached my limit at about the third listening. :)

Has anyone been to a wedding where a girl in a shiny, polyester gown turns to "my best friend in the world, the most wonderful human being anyone could ever hope to know," and tenderly belts out, "We've Only Just Begun?"

See if you can make it the entire video without vomiting - I'd really like to say something about, "You're going to be fucking within the next several hours," but I just don't think it would show proper respect for the virginal brides and grooms.

I'm also going to start a website for divorce lawyers, providing (for a fee) the names and emails of all couples who are still married after five years.

This must be the most annoying song ever written.

Celebration by Kool and the Gang is the song that is played ad nauseam at wedding receptions. I would be "happy" if that song is replaced with anything.

I agree that Happy's 15 minutes should be up. But arresting people for dancing? That sounds like something out of a bad Kevin Bacon movie.

Celebration by Kool and the Gang is the song that is played ad nauseam at wedding receptions. I would be "happy" if that song is replaced with anything.

That's because you didn't have touch-the-stage, front-row seats to a Kool And The Gang concert (which, after The Jacksons - just after "Off The Wall" came out - was the best concert I've ever been to).

I am NOT bashing Kool and the Gang, just Celebration. You obviously never had to do a pom pon routine to that song over and over again because it was the only song your high school band could play well.

I would love to have seen them and the Jacksons.