"Double Golden Fish" Chili-Garlic Sauce - Manufactured on the Island of Phu Quoc, Vietnam

deangold

very brand that is not from Thailand is technically a "knockoff" brand. Shark (strong) is the best of the brands easily available around here. I go through a large bottle every two months or so, mostly for eggs. Rooster is unbalanced and made with garlic powder instead of fresh garlic and contains preservatives. I probably posted this before: http://foodists.ca/2013/03/15/the-truth-about-sriracha.html  Also, AFAIK they don't use Siracha sauce with Pho in Vietnam.

I love Double Golden Fish Brand made from chiles, garlic, salt, not pastes or preservatives.  Grand Mart used to carry it and now New Grand Mart doesn't.  I will try the various asian food wholesalers of the wholesale Union Market ut the time I tried to go, I was too alte and they were all closed.

Shark Medium and Strong are good, mild is worthless.

Dean,

I was at the Asian market in that little shopping center in Twinbrook (Viers Mill Rd and Twinbrook Pkwy) and I saw some bottles of Double Golden Fish brand chilli garlic sauce.  I'm pretty sure it's the stuff you're looking for.  It's in the aisle across from the fresh vegetables.  It's in a jar rather than a bottle.

Dean,

I was at the Asian market in that little shopping center in Twinbrook (Viers Mill Rd and Twinbrook Pkwy) and I saw some bottles of Double Golden Fish brand chilli garlic sauce.  I'm pretty sure it's the stuff you're looking for.  It's in the aisle across from the fresh vegetables.  It's in a jar rather than a bottle.

Is this something other than fish sauce? And is there one single company that makes this?