Taco Bell - My Guilty Pleasure, My Secret Shame

Taco Bell is one of a very few fast fooderies I treat myself to a couple times a year. You can get a shitload of food (my preference is the bean burritos) for a few bucks.Worry about the after-effects later.

Popeye's is one of the others, especially when they are running one of their $5 big box promos.

• Like 1

I have a soft spot for Taco Bell.  When I was an undergrad in the early 80s in Ann Arbor (GO BLUE !!!!), the drinking age at the bars was 18.  After a night of drinking cheap pitchers of beer, with the change we had left, the only available option to satisfy our hunger was Taco Bell pintos n' cheese.  The beer and pintos made for a noisy morning.  Happy times.

On 10/26/2016 at 9:52 AM, Al Dente said:

Don't forget to pick up your free Doritos Locos Taco (wtf is that?) on 11/2 courtesy of Francisco Lindor!

"Free Tacos at Taco Bell Thanks to Stolen Base at World Series" on fox2now.com

The taco shell is a big nacho cheese Dorito.  I've had it.  Clever idea but I find them only ok.  I prefer my nacho cheese Doritos alone or maybe with some Texas Pete hot sauce.

2 hours ago, DanielK said:

The service and quality increased, IMO, when they converted it from a KFC/Taco Bell to just a Taco Bell.

From Taco Bell to Taco Bell/KFC, back to Taco Bell.  The Rockville Pike Taco Bell was the spot when we were in high school.  One of the many great memories was when the cashier asked my friend if he would have anything else, and he was about to say "water" looked to his left and saw a police officer standing there, then said, "nothing else".  Not sure if the story translates in writing, but who cares.

Went back there a couple years ago when driving a high school friend home who was visiting.  He forced me to eat a taco.  Our desert was an order of fries from McDonald's down the street.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 12:56 PM, Ericandblueboy said:

While reading about the demise of Society Fair, I found out there's a Taco Bell Cantina next door.  So what's a Taco Bell Cantina other than it serves booze?  What's on their menu?

From WaPo's Fritz Hahn's recent article, it's about two blocks away. This is how he describes the food:  

The menu isn’t much different than what you might find at a standard suburban Bell, with the exception of a trio of “sharables.” A bowl of Cheesy Jalapeño Dippers sounds like something you’d split over a beer, though the Naked Chicken Chips with nacho cheese dipping sauce seem like a way to get rid of the shards of chicken tenders that once might have been destined to be the shell of a naked chicken chalupa.

"The menu isn’t much different than what you might find at a standard suburban Bell, with the exception of a trio of “sharables.” A bowl of Cheesy Jalapeño Dippers sounds like something you’d split over a beer, though the Naked Chicken Chips with nacho cheese dipping sauce seem like a way to get rid of the shards of chicken tenders that once might have been destined to be the shell of a naked chicken chalupa."

WTF is a Naked Chicken Chip?

[cue Rocks with some smartass reply]

2 hours ago, Al Dente said:

WTF is a Naked Chicken Chip?

[cue Rocks with some smartass reply]

Picture Erik Estrada running down the street without any clothes on, arms in the air and wailing, after some vagrant threatened him with a liquor bottle and ordered him to disrobe.

ee.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

Picture Erik Estrada running down the street without any clothes on, arms in the air and wailing, after some vagrant threatened him with a liquor bottle and ordered him to disrobe.

I pictured that and now I can't get it out of my brain.  Damn you Don Rockwell!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

ee.jpg

Up until now, I thought I've imagined Erik Estrada naked in every possible scenario.

• Like 3