dr.com Sunday Evening Dinner at Amoo's - Sun, Mar. 23rd, 6 PM, $40 with Unlimited Free Corkage

Chef Seb

Which Sunday For The Amoo's Dinner?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for all Sundays (6 PM or so) that you can attend

• March 16th
    • March 23rd
    • March 30th

Oright folks, Im so sorry that it took me so long to post this. With going through the Persian New Year celebrations held at Amoo's, I had very little time to sit down and type the menu and pricing for this evening.

So the pre fixe dinner menu will cost at $40 per person which includes a 5 course dinner with multiple options to choose from.

I thought since this event is designed for the members of dr.com and some of Amoo's loyal guests, it'd be interesting to combine some of Mr. Rockwell's favorites dishes with my own personal favorite items that I enjoy cooking on daily bases.

Here are your dinner course options for this event...

Starter bites:

Orange Olives
Orange marinated fine Olives

Soup:

Saffron Squash Soup
Saffron steamed acorn squash soup topped off with goat cheese crumbles

Or

Soupe Jo
Tomato garlic steamed barley and shredded chicken breast mixed with cilantro and rice noodles

Appetizers:

Hot Beet (Seb's Favorite)
Fire roasted beet served on a bed of basil pistachio pesto and creamy goat cheese

Or

Kashke Bademjan (Don's Favorite)
Sauteed eggplants and topped off with caramelized onions and fresh mint puree, drizzled with fermented yogurt

Entrees:

Sea Bass Kabob (Seb's Favorite)
Jalapeno basil lime marinated wild caught Chilean sea bass, served with a side of Amoo's Saffron rice

Or

Lambshank with Baghali rice (Don's Favorite)
Tomato and garlic braised whole lambshank served with a side of lima beans rice tossed in dill and truffle oil

Or

Lamb Chops Kabob (Seb's Favorite)
Saffron barberry marinated New Zealand lamb chops, served with a side of Amoo's saffron rice

Or

Koofteh (Don's Favorite)
Spiced ground beef meatball, braised in a tangy cilantro and tomato sauce, served with a side of Amoo's Saffron rice

Desserts:

Bastani
Saffron pistachio and rose water infused ice cream

Or

Anar Puffs
Pomegranate goat cheese stuffed cream puffs

Everyone may arrive at 6 since its a private dinner event. The only reason why i asked everyone to RSVP was to have a count of exactly how many people will be attending. In order to make adjustments and to ensure correct inventory, the kitchen needs to know what kind of volumes we will be dealing with. RSVPing to the event will ensure quality of service and food.

Once again, thank you for joining. Looking forward to meeting all of you in Person.

Happy Norooz (Persian New Year)

P.S please remeber this is a private fun dinner party... So lets not be so serious....:-) Please come as you wish and bring your funn vibes with you!!

The menu looks fantastic!  Looking forward to attending!

Hello, my name is Donna and I'm glad to be a new member.  I had a favorite Japaneese restaurant called Konami.  It had a kitchen fire over a year ago and hasn't reopened.  Their bento box was scrumptious, including salmon, potatoes, pickles, tempura, rice, sushi with choice of salad or soup for 17.00.  I was wondering if any member knows of another Japaneese restaurant with great food and not posh (over priced.)

• Like 2

Hello, my name is Donna and I'm glad to be a new member.  I had a favorite Japaneese restaurant called Konami.  It had a kitchen fire over a year ago and hasn't reopened.  Their bento box was scrumptious, including salmon, potatoes, pickles, tempura, rice, sushi with choice of salad or soup for 17.00.  I was wondering if any member knows of another Japaneese restaurant with great food and not posh (over priced.)

Welcome, Donna. Thanks for joining, thanks for coming, and thanks for posting. You'll have a great time at Amoo's, and you'll feel like you're among friends as soon as you get there.

I hope this topic is quiet because everyone is sending RSVPs via facebook, email, phone, etc. Looking forward to seeing a good crowd tomorrow!

It's a bit confusing, Daniel. Does an "I'm in" on this thread constitute an RSVP? Or is it necessary to go to another method?

I heard from Seb - it's the Persian New Year, and he's swamped. He said to show up at 6 PM, and he'd chime in with details later.

For the time, here's the answer.

Zora, I signed up via this thread too (as someone who is not on Facebook).  I'm confident that everyone who did will be fine.

Great time.  I shared a table with the delightful beachgirl54 and an equally delightful friend of hers, and I was also able to meet other Rockwellians and connect names to faces.

Seb and his siblings graciously let each table sample everything that was on the menu.  In particular, I enjoyed the eggplants and the sea bass.

It was my first visit there and I'll definitely be back.

• Like 1

This was what the best of what the former DR.com dinners (that I have attended) were supposed to be. Wonderful food, wonderful friends, and didn't break the bank, either. The only problem I could see was that several people wandered in, not knowing that this was a private event, and had to be turned away. At Zora's suggestion, I told Chef Seb's sister (who apparently runs the place) that she might want to consider shutting off the big neon "OPEN" sign--which she promptly did--and very graciously, too, I might add.

Thanks to the entire staff of the restaurant for doing this and being so very accommodating to all of us.  Needless to say, I didn't leave there hungry and even wished I had a second stomach. The folks out that way are very lucky to have this place.

Also thanks to DanielK for the transportation and the company.

• Like 2

wow!!!! What a night.... I had a blast cooking for this event last night... thanks to everyone who made it out! Don, wish you were with us man... hope all is well!

Looking forward to doing another dinner!! Have a great week guys!

• Like 1

Such a good time with such good food - I may have secured another regular customer when I gave the lamb shank leftovers to my babysitter, who text the next night raving about the food and wanting to know where it came from.

Excellent company too - nice to meet you lovehockey and belated happy birthday!  :D

Nancy

We enjoyed ourselves very much.  Excellent foot, excellent service, excellent company.  My favorite was the sea bass, succulent, flavorful, and tender.  Must eat it again to try to understand the marinade, I am sure that made most of the difference between this juicy piece of fish and the austere sea bass sold elsewhere, but also it was not cooked into toughness, as is all too common.  My husband and son favored the lamb.

My son, who works in Falls Church, says it is only 10 minutes from his place of work, and he's been back already for lunch.  Really likes it.

Chef Seb said we were all family and that's just what it felt like.  The food was spectacular, I drool when I think about the olives and the sea bass.  I took home some left over lamb shank in sauce and it was even better the next day. 

Donna, I'm glad you came and enjoyed yourself. Likewise, everyone else.

These types of events used to be a commonplace occurrence in this community, and their loss has been a source of great sorrow to me (I know I didn't attend many of them, but I took a lot of happiness in knowing that others were having a good time).

I would like nothing more than to start them up again, but it needs to be done organically; I can't ramrod these events down peoples' throats if they don't want to go. What I can do, however, is organize them if there's interest - someone just needs to get the ball rolling; it can't be me.

Cheers,

Rocks

• Like 1