DR.com Sneak Peek Dinner @ Ray's The Classics

To Friday and Saturday night diners: Please do not show up before 7:00pm. I know often people arrive a few minutes early but in this case it is not necessary. There is time built in to your evening to socialize. Thanks.

Also, another reminder that I am no longer accepting requests to attend the dinners. Sorry :unsure:

I know we're not supposed to talk about our dinner, but I just had to gush!

Michael, the mouse testicles over couscous were sublime, and my only complaint was that I couldn't tell which of the two main ingredients I happened to be eating. Also, I can honestly say that never before have I eaten the ENTIRE digestive tract of a flamingo from tongue to anus.

One thing, though - you're not fooling ANYONE with your "mock dodo egg." I used to raise dodos as a kid, and I can tell you their eggs are a light shade of purple and not, as your dish suggested, orange and green paisley. Nor did they have sparklers coming out of them.

Finally, did anyone else think that Jacques' off-the-cuff and obfuscatingly profane deconstruction of Horace's Carminum liber primus was a whole lot of drivel?

PS - The bar service was awful.

<!--End facetiousness--!>

Seriously, Michael. Thank you for EVERYTHING!

My fiancee described you as "passionate and inspired." Hands off.

PS - Where do you get your Hawai'ian shirts? Mine have all been losing buttons and getting holes.

I don't know WHAT crazy hoohah Michael got into at 3AM, but it CERTAINLY wasn't on the menu at last night's RTC dinner.
You were at the wrong table...and the hoohah with the deconstructed mini-burger and poached quail egg was simply amazing. (and don't forget the beet salad on the side with the deconstructed beets and beet essence of air)

Michael, the mouse testicles over couscous were sublime, and my only complaint was that I couldn't tell which of the two main ingredients I happened to be eating.
Did anyone happen to notice that all of the mouse testicles were all prized left ones and not the less desirable right ones. This just shows the quality of Michaels' ingredient sourcing.

More good news for tonight...The lot behind the building, entered either from Georgia Avenue or from Fenton (through the alley right next to the building with Jerry's Subs) is available to Ray's The Classics' diners at no charge for the events of the next three nights. Just mention to the attendant that you are dining with us.

Is this valid for Friday and Saturday too, or just for the Thursday night dinner?

The lot behind the buildings available to Ray's The Classics' diners at no charge for the events of the next three nights. Just mention to the attendant that you are dining with us.
Is this valid for Friday and Saturday too, or just for the Thursday night dinner?

:unsure:

For those who are attending tonight's final dinner, please try to arrive as promptly as possible, but not too early. Last night we sat down at 7:05 and Michael began at about 7:10. You will have to wait outside until they are ready but once you are in the gastronomic feast begins quickly :unsure:

We had one of the most generous and superb dinner occasions last night. I look forward to being able to comment in detail on the Ray's The Classics thread in the near future. My wife and I have decided that although it is a long trip from our home, we will make it a regular call by adding it to our rotation. I can imagine many classic dishes and then classic print screenings at AFI next door.

Many thanks to Michael, Michael, Don, and hillvalley. Fantastic !!

BD

Dinner was fantastic; thank you to the two Michaels, Mr. Rockwell, and Ms. Hillvalley for making this happen.

One slight qualm- there was so much good food that my fiancee and I were shortly rendered unconscious upon reaching home. This caused us to forget about the leftover [menu item redacted] we'd put in her purse. In the morning, she showed me the cause of her dismay. I told her,

"Don't worry, honey; you may have lost a fantastic [menu item redacted], but you've gained a purse that's scented like a fantastic [menu item redacted]." I don't think she'll ever use another purse again.

"Don't worry, honey; you may have lost a fantastic [menu item redacted], but you've gained a purse that's scented like a fantastic [menu item redacted]." I don't think she'll ever use another purse again.

Get well soon... what hospital shall we send the flowers to? :unsure:

Once I left half a Ray's Steak in a Red Top Cab. I never saw that steak again, but I called the dispatcher and asked him to radio the driver and tell him to enjoy the steak. I'm not sure what happened next, but he should have eaten it.

I have taken a vow of omertà regarding my experience at Ray's: The Classics, but I think I can reveal that the Boss Guy confessed to sharing my attitude toward wine -- that is, a little goes a long way. Interesting, coming from a purveyor, no?