Eventide Restaurant Looking for Executive Chef

Eventide is looking for an Exec Chef; immediate opening. We are an independent restaurant, decidedly not corporate and we offer one of the best schedules for Chefs in the business. We are closed on Mondays and not open for lunch. We have a great FOH team that you will work with. They are ready for a great partner in the kitchen.

We're looking for someone to take over two kitchens, two menus and be able to create menus that reflect local and national culinary trends. You will be the source of ideas, and you will be responsible for execution. You will have a great deal of autonomy as well as a great deal of responsibility and accountability. It will be your kitchen.

Ideally, you have a few years experience as an Exec Chef at somewhere we have heard of and somewhere kind of like us. You have at least been a Chef de Cuisine or an Exec Sous. You are driven and you are not dramatic. You are focused you are not excitable. You can manage and motivate a team, work within a budget and your cost controls are excellent. You don't go out every night after work and drag yourself back in to work the next day reeking of Fireball and bad decisions. Please look somewhere else if that is your life. We will find out; we always do.

We are ready to invest in someone who can move our restaurant forward. If you think you are that person, and you are ready to move yourself forward, PM me or send an e-mail to nickfreshman@gmail.com with a specific cover letter telling me why you are interested and your resume. We'll start with a short interview and go from there.

READ THIS:

• If you call the restaurant about this job, you'll be immediately disqualified.
  • If you visit the restaurant about this job, you'll be immediately disqualified.
  • If you respond to me without a cover letter, or with a form cover letter (e.g. "Dear Hiring Manager"), you'll be immediately disqualified.
  • If you somehow have my cell phone, and you call or text me about this job, you'll be immediately disqualified. And I will kill you.
  • Like 2

Nick, thank you for posting this here.

As a gesture of thanks for contributing to our community, as you have so often done over the years:

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Rocks

--

Restaurateurs and Chefs, this is the type of individual attention you will receive if you become active in our community. Becoming a member is easy, free, and private. Posts like Nick's are *free*, and so is marketing your own restaurant. Ask yourself this: why *haven't* you joined? You're only hurting your restaurant by missing out on free, easy marketing. There are no catches, and no strings attached. When you post a job request like Nick did, I've got your back.

If you're working with a marketing department, or a PR rep, and that person doesn't have you active on donrockwell.com, you're being completely hosed. Pull them aside, and ask them, "Why aren't you doing this? It's free, it's part of your job, and we're missing out on tens-of-thousands of potential eyeballs because you aren't taking ten minutes a month to do this. Why aren't you?" Please email me the answers at donrockwell@dcdining.com - I'll be *glad* to help you get set up. For free.