Ayurvedic Cooking

yeuxblu

Does anyone have experience with an ayurvedic cooking? I've been thinking about trying a different approach to food and the dosha concept is definitely a different way of thinking for me.

I was looking at "Eat-Taste-Heal: An Ayurvedic Cookbook for Modern Living" as a possible introductory cook book. Any suggestions or other resources?

Does anyone have experience with an ayurvedic cooking? I've been thinking about trying a different approach to food and the dosha concept is definitely a different way of thinking for me.

I was looking at "Eat-Taste-Heal: An Ayurvedic Cookbook for Modern Living" as a possible introductory cook book. Any suggestions or other resources?

Try "Ayurvedic Cooking for Self Healing" by Usha & Vasant Lad. It's supposed to be very basic, therefore a good introduction.

Ayurveda is, hollistically, very complex and goes way beyond the scope of a basic cookbook, and even if you were an EXPERT at ayurvedan cooking you'd probably have only scratched the surface of the whole ayurveda milieu.

That's why I'm sticking to good old fashioned Western medicine. Like bloodletting.

I think I have a cookbook at home, I'll see if I can find the title. I'm familiar with the basic principles, and the concept seems pretty cool to me. The idea of an excess of pitta/fire, for example, manifesting in indigestion and being best addressed with bland foods... well, it just makes so much sense.