Drinking in Clarendon

hmm.   Regardless of the newish thread title Clarendon is not ONLY about drinking....though it certainly has that flavor.   Of fairly recent news Pete's Pizza is negotiating to give up dining space and the possible new tenant (drum roll) could be Dunkin Donuts.  Crazy.  It suggests Pete's finds value in delivery but the space is so expensive it can't sustain the significant amount of space to accommodate diners.   That isn't the only time I've heard that with regard to restaurant spaces.

As to delivery or pick up I'm strongly a WiseGuy Pizza fan.  Glad they are in Arlington.

On the dining in side of Clarendon I managed to get to the new Hanabi Ramen in Clarendon which is all of about 2 weeks old.   While I'm not a Ramen expert my friend is and she deemed both the miso and regular Ramen's quite good.  We similarly enjoyed the gyoza.  Both broths were tasty and hearty and she deemed the noodles excellent.  With my limited knowledge I concurred.  

We managed to eat in during their first couple of days in early March.   Small space around the corner from the Clarendon Metro.  It was busy and crowded.  We arrived early and managed to gain two seats on the community table among others.  By the time we left it was fully packed with a wait.  Good luck to them.  I hope they break the curse of that space and stay in the area a long time.  Nice addition to Clarendon.  Hanabi Ramen is NOT for drinking.  (many other choices around the corner!!!!)

---

Le Kon (dcs)

• Like 2