Nashville, TN

liam

23 hours ago, DonRocks said:

I had lunch at the Nashville Husk last October, and the bar downstairs was fantastic (I remember the deviled eggs as being particularly good).

I ate at Husk in May (never posted about it...oops) and there were zero complaints. We still think about the browned butter ice cream for dessert.

We also had a good experience at lunch at Woolworth's On Fifth....transformed lunch counter that played a role during the protests during 1960. 

For an Aslin-type beer visit, Southern Grist is awesome.

On 1/16/2018 at 9:39 PM, DonRocks said:

Good Lord: RJ Cooper has left Henley (in the Kimpton Aertson Hotel - a really nice play to stay). I had dinner there in October, and meant to write it up, but just couldn't find the time. I thought Henley was terrific - the food, the bar, pretty much everything. I can recommend the hotel as well, but alas, can no longer recommend the restaurant per se.

If nothing else, Cooper manages to produce good things from the kitchen - but at what cost?

Well, Nashville lost RJ Cooper, but gained Will Aghajanian - while they might have lost a Beard Award-winner, they picked up one of the supreme, young talents in the United States.

Will Aghajanian is one of the greatest young cooks the United States has ever seen - he worked at CityZen for five years *before* going to Mugaritz. He might be 30-years-old now, but I'm not so sure about that.

"The Catbird Seat Names New Chefs" on nashvillepost.com

Attention: James Beard Awards - if he's younger than 30, consider Will Aghajanian for Rising Star Chef.

• Like 1