Cogito Ergo Sauté (Formerly Hits & B-Sides), a Supper Club Project by Owner Danny Boylen

I hate that my first post in forever is some shameless self promotion, but I wanted to give y'all a heads-up that my personal chef service, Cogito Ergo Sauté, has launched a monthly supper club project. 

Hits & B-Sides is both a title and concept as each five course tasting menu will feature "greatest hits" and some experimental/one-offs/riffs. Each event is limited to 12 guests. The next dinner is 13 July (there are four seats remaining.)

If you want more information, please visit the website - hitsandbsides.com

• Like 2

On 7/8/2014 at 8:39 PM, starfish said:

I hate that my first post in forever is some shameless self promotion, but I wanted to give y'all a heads-up that my personal chef service,  Cogito 
Cogito Ergo Sauté, has launched a monthly supper club project. 

Hits & B-Sides is both a title and concept as each five course tasting menu will feature "greatest hits" and some experimental/one-offs/riffs. Each event is limited to 12 guests. The next dinner is 13 July (there are four seats remaining.)

If you want more information, please visit the website - hitsandbsides.com

Anybody tried this?

On 1/14/2015 at 5:16 PM, DanielK said:

I don't think he did more than the first two. I missed the first, was busy the date of the second, and haven't seen another email from him announcing a third. Website still just shows the Aug/Sep dates from last year.

At the prices they were charging, the answer to this question should have been a simple, "Yes."

Is gratuity included? Gratuities are not included in the price of your reservation. However, please know that all of our team member are paid well and not dependent upon tips for their wage. That being said, gratuities are always appreciated.

Has any roving dinner event *ever* made it in this city? When I saw the very first one (The Orange Arrow is pointing at you. (*)), I thought to myself, "What a terrible idea."

One-time, well-funded events (e.g., Diner en Blanc) are a different story.

(*) BTW, the last time I talked with Carole Greenwood, she was living in South Africa!

On 1/14/2015 at 5:16 PM, DanielK said:

I don't think he did more than the first two. I missed the first, was busy the date of the second, and haven't seen another email from him announcing a third. Website still just shows the Aug/Sep dates from last year.

Point of clarification: the seven course concept had a run of three events (for the cost of a few fingers of good whiskey, I'll happily tell the story,) however, a few months later we introduced a four course concept that ran for a year until we lost our location, but have found a new (and conceivably permanent) location.

"Cogito Ergo Sauté Is Thrilled To Announce the Return of the Pop-Up Bistro in Partnership with the Fine Fellas at Ivy & Coney"

• Like 1

On 7/11/2016 at 8:19 PM, DanielK said:

Wish I would have known!

Danny, is there a mailing list, or should we just follow the Facebook page?

I thought I had already replied, but apparently there is a difference between drafting a message and posting it, so please forgive the tardiness of my reply. Yes, you can follow the facebook page for notifications about the next dinner.  The next dinner is 2 August (reservations will be made available on Monday.) 

You can also join the company mailing list here: http://cogitoergosaute.com/monthly-mailing-list/

Danny, or anyone else familiar with Cogito Ergo Sauté: Where do you think this should go in the Dining Guide, or should this thread go in the Catering Forum? I'm leaning towards the latter, and if anyone doesn't have a good solution (I'm still not even sure what CES is), it sounds more like "catering" than "restaurant" to me. Is it always in the same location, for instance? Or does it come to you? Or does it travel around?

Maybe the fact that I'm not clear about this is a sign that things could be better-defined?