mdt

Proof, Capital One Arena, Chef George Rodrigues Replaces Austin Fausett, Who Replaced Ben Schramm, Who Replaced Haidar Kharoum, Etc.

On 1/9/2018 at 10:08 PM, DonRocks said:

Having talked with the Proof refugees, you have *no* idea how big a deal this post is. Thanks for letting us know, youngfood - this will be unfathomably big news to some in the industry.

My wife and I have enjoyed Proof every time we've gone, and I'm not so clued in to industry news, so could you elaborate a bit on your (or others') thoughts/expectations? Just trying to figure out whether it's a good thing or a "let's wait and see" thing...

41 minutes ago, captcourt said:

My wife and I have enjoyed Proof every time we've gone, and I'm not so clued in to industry news, so could you elaborate a bit on your (or others') thoughts/expectations? Just trying to figure out whether it's a good thing or a "let's wait and see" thing...

I honestly don't know what the conclusion will be, only that Proof is a very different restaurant now than it was when Mark Kuller was running it - Mark had retained the original staff for a long time, paying them very well in the process, but afterwards, there was a mass-exodus due to a power shift which some viewed as catastrophic.

I wish I could list specific examples, but that would be ratting people out who confided in me privately.

My personal view is that Mark had a vision to make Proof into the best restaurant he could make, and whether or not that vision remains - I just don't know, but I do know that some people are very resentful, and not just ex-employees.