Happy Hour for Newbies and Lurkers (and “Regulars” Too)

xcanuck

I’m getting sick and tired of all of those dr.com “regulars” having all of the fun; what with all their happy hours at places like Firefly and Corduroy. As somewhat of a “newbie,” I kept asking myself "self, maybe they really don't bite - why don't you go?" But self did not go because self didn't want to feel like an outsider looking in. So then I says to my self, “self, why don’t I try to organize a happy hour specially for newbies and lurkers where everyone will feel equally uncomfortable because no one would know one another.”

So, here goes. I declare a happy hour at Restaurant Kolumbia for tomorrow evening (Friday, September 22) at about 5:30. It’s at 1801 K Street, so it should be fairly convenient for those who work in the downtown area and it’s close to the Farragut West Metro. The chef is a guy named Jamie Stachowski and he has agreed to do some special things for us.

Who else is in?

Oh yeah, and “regulars” are welcome too (we don’t bite).

Even though it's already on the "On a Whim" thread, I'm bumping this up to say that there's going to be another happy hour tonight - newbies who might become regulars, lurkers who might become newbies, and regulars who might become lurkers - all welcome! The restaurant is already on notice to hide the good silver.

Even though it's already on the "On a Whim" thread, I'm bumping this up to say that there's going to be another happy hour tonight - newbies who might become regulars, lurkers who might become newbies, and regulars who might become lurkers - all welcome! The restaurant is already on notice to hide the good silver.

Even though I can't make it. Don't forget the free donuts at Fractured Prune.