Rosemarino d'Italia, Italian In The Former La Strada Space - 1905 Mount Vernon Avenue in Del Ray

We used to be fans of La Strada before it closed, but only recently found out (via a Daily Deal) that a new restaurant had long since taken its place.  I'm surprised that I didn't hear of its replacement before.  Apparently, the new place has been in operation about 2 years.  Before we went, I read that it was owned by the same owners as Pines of Florence, of which I had not heard good things.

Nonetheless, we gave it a try last night and were impressed.  We enjoyed the caprese, mussels with linguini, and spaghetti bolognese.  Bread was good too.  My husband said the minestrone soup was the highlight of his meal.  We like the menu choices - solid Italian-American  which I miss from my childhood in Brooklyn.  We will be back to try other tempting menu items like eggplant parmesan and seafood pasta!  The only nit was that the mussels were small, but they were tasty and the marinara sauce was delish.  I recommend that people give it a try.  I am worried about the survival of the mom and pops.

We get take out from here every now and then because they have spaghetti and meatballs for Hubby, and chicken or eggplant parm for me.  Those are our normal comfort food Italian American meals that we want when things go bad.  For instance- Max partially tore a muscle the other night- and I had to have a quick popover to the vet, asked Hubby to order something.  Not mind blowing, but not bad at all.  It's one of those places that if I am working late or stressed out, Hubby can order just knowing what I will eat, and not having to worry about it.

• Like 2