Pistone's Italian Inn, Owner Joe Pistone at the Intersection of Route 50 and Route 7 - Seven Corners

Thanks everyone, we opted to eat somewhere on the way home instead since it was halfway between lunch n suppertime. We went to Pistone's in Falls Church on 50 & 7. They liked it, hubby's veal was good, mine was not... well... that's all I'll say about mine. The salad bar was superb and you could have an appetizer and soup and that for a meal or just one or the other and that.

Anyhow thanks for the suggestions.

The look of that place just gives me the willies.

Back in the late '70s when my family first moved to the area, that's where the 'rents would take us for Italian food. It looked like a mafia hangout then, and it still does - at least from the outside. I haven't been inside since I was a wee lass.

This might, of course, be why certain relatives of mine from New Jersey had recommended the place to my mother, but who's to say? cool.gif

Back in the late '70s when my family first moved to the area, that's where the 'rents would take us for Italian food. It looked like a mafia hangout then, and it still does - at least from the outside. I haven't been inside since I was a wee lass.

This might, of course, be why certain relatives of mine from New Jersey had recommended the place to my mother, but who's to say? cool.gif

Try the veal. It's the best in the city. tongue.gif

Pistone's is terrifying and terrible. It used to be good in the 80s, when my mom and her friends took me there.

I will say that they have an astounding salad bar, with anchovies and cheeses and weird pickled Italian things.

The ambiance, however, is pure 80s sitcom. I remember back in the day when they carpeted the bathroom with this shaggy, soft brown carpet (like a bathmat). Not the floor. The entire bathroom, including the stall walls.

Pistone's is terrifying and terrible.

So true! I made the unfortunate mistake of eating here when a restaurant I was actually searching for last year was closed. Between the salad bar and the heaps of water under my pasta, I found myself fantasizing about any other food. Also, the cardboard figures in the corner kept making me think that people were watching me.

Hey! I am from NJ and I was TRYING to be delicate in my wording. But that being said, yes if you want salad go there, if not this is not a great place to eat by any stretch of the imagination. Olive Garden would be a 4 star restaurant if you compared it to this.

Anyone know of any GOOD italian restaurants in Northern Fairfax? laugh.gif

Not technically in Fairfax but rather in the City of Falls Church, Argia's got a rave from Rocks a couple of weeks ago. I've never eaten there but have heard many favorable things. Next to the State Theatre.

I second the Argia's - a little overpriced, but lovely sandwiches and nice pasta.

I hear raves about Bellissimo in Fairfax city, although I've never been:

Hey! I am from NJ and I was TRYING to be delicate in my wording. But that being said, yes if you want salad go there, if not this is not a great place to eat by any stretch of the imagination. Olive Garden would be a 4 star restaurant if you compared it to this.
Anyone know of any GOOD italian restaurants in Northern Fairfax? laugh.gif

Maestro.

Bonaroti in Vienna has been around since the early '80's and is the best of its kind; it feels like Springfield. Springfield, New Jersey.

Bellissimo has an excellent ambience-it feels like Verona or Vicenza. The food isn't quite as good as Bonaroti but it's still worth a visit. Also-I am NOT saying that Bonaroti is good. I am saying that it is the best of its kind which includes Da Domenico, Zefferelli's, Alpine, Capri and a whole bunch of others. I am not a fan of Dolce Vita.

I went to Pistone's probably 20 years ago wth my former colleagues when I worked in FC. Then Argia's opened and never went back. Pistone's is creepy indeed.

Now my old company is the landlord of Pizzeria Orso, which opened a little after I left and came downtown.

BTW, Pistone is the last name of the FBI agent you might know as Donnie Brasco.