Quickway Hibachi - Fast-Casual Hibachi Franchise in Numerous Suburban Locations

Quickway is a fast food habachi place near 7-corners in the Wilston Center in Falls Church.  I've been curious about it since it opened and since I have no running water, I thought I'd stop in.

The positives:
1.  The bathroom was clean, the water running, and the signage amusing.

2.  The salmon was so juicy, yet fully cooked that I suspected it must be injected with some sort of salt solution (this is a complement).

3. The Yum-yum sauce lives up to its name but then again, isn't mayo always good?

My order: Salmon bento box which consisted of salmon, noodles, "california roll", and 4 deep fried things (2 mini pot stickers, 2 mini eggrolls).

The negatives:
1.  The food had no flavor. How hard is it to add a little soy or marin?

2. The food was greasy.  Really, really oily yet had no flavor. How hard is it to add a little sesame oil?

3.  Deep fried pot stickers?WTF.  Ok, I get this one but again, see negative #1.

4.  I had to ask for soy sauce.  I was given yum-yum sauce.  This might not be a negative for all I realize.

5.  And finally, the coke was on the edge of flat.   

How is it possible to have "fast-food hibachi?" The very notion of it sounds both impossible and yucko. Fast-casual, maybe?

Hum.  In my opinion, my original subject line was far more interesting than this one, although probably less informative.

It's really fast and I think it is fast because a lot of the Hibachi-ing has been done in advance. 

Yes, it is Yuck-o.  I failed to report that much of my bento box was more room temp than warm.

Hum.  In my opinion, my original subject line was far more interesting than this one, although probably less informative.

[i agree, even about the interesting part - I have to make the titles and tags so that new readers can find and use them (people wouldn't have known this was a chain, for example, with almost ten area locations). That's why I tell members not to worry too much about spending time on the titles and tags (primarily in the DC Restaurants forum); the posts themselves, however, are yours and remain untouched except for the occasional spelling correction of a Chef's name, elimination of quintuple spaces, etc. Even if I hate a place, I don't trash them in the title (the one exception is Rosa Mexicano which falls under the "Classic" heading - I mean, how could it not?]

post-2-0-18864300-1424708898_thumb.png

Well Folks: I went so you don't have to. :)

And with 259 views over the course of just one snow-bound weekend, many people will be in your debt. I would have almost certainly ended up here had it not been for you (I probably still will, but now I'm in much less of a hurry). :)

post-2-0-40938000-1424709297_thumb.png

Glad to see this.  There's a location on my way home that I kept wondering about but it's in a difficult shopping strip to get in & out and I hadn't braved the traffic to try it out.  Now I don't have to.