Littorai Wines, Heidi and Ted Lemon's Family-Owned Winery in Sebastopol (North Coast), CA

Had a Littorai chardonnay (sonoma coast 2012 I think), a 2011 Littorai Savoy Pinot Noir, a 2006 Radio Coteau Savoy Pinot Noir, a 2002 Dehlinger Goldridge Estate Pinot Noir (ever so faintly corked, but it still worked), a Karl Lawrence Cab (not sure on the year - 2007?), a 1999 Vietti Barolo (wow), a 1995 or 1997 or 1998 Brunello of a sort that was DOA (tasted like an old band aid), and a 2003 Kosta Browne Pinot (forgot the vineyard).

Standouts for the wine for me were the Littorai Chard, Littorai Pinot and especially the 1999 Barolo.

Wow - infanticide on the 2011 Littorai. I still have half my '06 R-C's, need to taste through them soon. Very interested to know what you thought of the K-B. My impression of older K-B's ('04) was that they were hot, alcoholic messes and not made to age - kind of like a Martinelli or Brewer Clifton "pinot". How was your experience?

The 2011 Littorai was young but so perfectly delicious right now. So good. These folks are among my favorite producers.  The 2006 Radio Coteau was massive compared the more delicate Littorai. It could go years - but it was in balance. I'd hold em, or try one now if you have several and judge for yourself. It was my last, sadly.

The K-B was not my favorite. It wasn't bad, just not my style, and significantly outclassed by the Littorai and the Radio Coteau.  I'd bought in to K-B early, but after holding most of them for a year or so, I tried a few bottles and decided they tasted too much like Aussie Shiraz cherry coke bombs so I sold them off (for a profit, easily) and invested that in Bressler and Match instead.  I actually like some of the earlier Martinellis before they went kind of crazy. They made a Hereford Court bottling that was addictive and delicious and so not over the top. But I found most of their lineup too similar after I time that I have given up on them.  Besides, most of the wine I drink regular is cheaper Spanish, Rhone and Italian wines (and Austrian Grí¼ner!). I normally only break out the good stuff for nice meals out and wino dinners.