Al Rosen (1924-2015), Cleveland Indians Third Baseman and New York Yankee President-CEO

Kibbee Nayee

Al Rosen joined Ernie Banks and Minnie Minoso in the Baseball Wing of Heaven this weekend.

There is an Indians thread in this forum, and in it I mentioned that George Steinbrenner, a Cleveland shipbuilder, bought the Yankees in the early 1970s and brought Gabe Paul from Cleveland to help architect the Yankees into World Champions. Steinbrenner also tabbed Al Rosen to be the Yankees team president in 1978.

As I said before, Yogi Berra is now on the clock....

As I said before, Yogi Berra is now on the clock....

Wow, I don't know if it was subliminal / subconscious implantation, but I thought about Yogi Berra today, and even Googled him, and it may have been right after I saw this post for the first time (I just now opened it) - I actually thought of Joe Garagiola, then Yogi Berra, who are friends with each other.

Well, time is the Great Equalizer.

"Al Rosen, Who May Have Had The Best Season Ever By A 3B, Dies At 91" by Cliff Corcoran on si.com

Given the existence of Pie Traynor and Mike Schmidt, that title is one heck of an honor. In 1953, he batted .336, with 43 HRs and 145 RBIs - now *that* is awesome.

• Like 1