Hi all!

So, is anyone still up for this date? I've been watching too much political TV and am feeling a deep need for radish cakes and various other soothing delicacies...

I might be able to make that date. That is, if my rather hectic September schedule doesn't blow up more than it has...

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there another Sunday, not counting this coming one, that works better for everyone (TheMatt, Dean & Kay...)?
Well, other than this Sunday they are all open...*now*. For some reason, my Sundays are being filled at short notice. Which is odd for me. But, as I said, I think I could make Sundays from the 21st on.

You folks don't mind me gnawing on chicken feet, do you? It happens to be my favorite dim sum dish.
I would be impressed if you can manipulate the tendons and have the chicken feet give obscene gestures to those who are too squeamish to partake... We are very interested in attending.

Hollywood East on the Boulevard, if Walrus is correct. And if so, I shall be there as well! Sept 28 is a free day for me so far!

Oh, and 11:30 am.

Can I recommend getting there at 11? Last time I went was at 10:30, and it was empty. The full armada of carts didn't begin arriving until around 11:15, but the restaurant started getting very crowded soon after that. I don't remember when (or if) a line formed, but a large party may have trouble at 11:30, no?

Can I recommend getting there at 11? Last time I went was at 10:30, and it was empty. The full armada of carts didn't begin arriving until around 11:15, but the restaurant started getting very crowded soon after that. I don't remember when (or if) a line formed, but a large party may have trouble at 11:30, no?
I also recommend leaving very early if you do Metro, as Metro + Sunday equals "teh late". Also, go to the *correct* Hollywood East, as I learned last time. Sorry again that I was late!

Hi All-

I'll have to join you sometime. Until I do I have a question to throw to the group. I usually go to HEOTB at noonish for dim sum; what am I missing that is available early but not when I get there? I need to branch out anyway- we keep ordering the same things. what are your favorites?

Thanks!

If I read through the topic correctly, looks like for this Sunday at Hollywood East Cafe on the Boulevard, we are:

Ericandblueboy

Walrus +1

deangold +1

TheMatt

goldenticket

xcanuck +1

DanielK (+3?)

That's 13 total. Dean, did you reserve the table?

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it :lol: Hopefully next time - as I'm sure there will be a next time!

Trying to convince my wife to come. She's not overly fond of dim sum (she'll try anything once, and usually just once) and she just got into Bikram yoga so I'm not sure if she's coming or not. Her yoga studio smells like sweatng feet, so at least dim sum will smell better.

Oh, how do I spot you foodies (not having met any of you before)? To say that I'm Chinese probably isn't going to help in this situation.

Trying to convince my wife to come. She's not overly fond of dim sum (she'll try anything once, and usually just once) and she just got into Bikram yoga so I'm not sure if she's coming or not. Her yoga studio smells like sweatng feet, so at least dim sum will smell better.

Oh, how do I spot you foodies (not having met any of you before)? To say that I'm Chinese probably isn't going to help in this situation.

It's fairly obvious from my experience last time. A big table of mainly Caucasians is easy to spot. This page has a picture of deangold (down to the end, then up one). And, heck, I'll put myself over to the left there (bye doggy avatar).

Just to remind myself, 11:30 tomorrow at Hollywood East Cafe On The Boulevard, right? Mmm...dim sum!
Right, the location "on the boulevard" as there are two. For you TheMatt, it's the second location you went to. Doubly make sure, especially for those who haven't been there before!!

It was nice to meet a bunch of folks last weekend. It was nicer to have tried much more food than we could have on our own. Let's slow down and try even more food next time! :lol:

That is always our intent, but somehow when carts come by, we just start pointing, and before you know it the steam trays are piled high on the lazy susan...

This beautiful crisp weather has me thinking dim summy again! Anyone else feel like a trip to HEOTB? We might be in for the first weekend in November (have to see if our guest is a dim summer) but are definitely in for Nov. 9. Any date preference? I think the 11:30 am time seems to work pretty well in terms of getting the limited items (shrimp-stuffed spicy peppers, shrimp wrapped in bacon, desserts, etc.).

This beautiful crisp weather has me thinking dim summy again! Anyone else feel like a trip to HEOTB? We might be in for the first weekend in November (have to see if our guest is a dim summer) but are definitely in for Nov. 9. Any date preference? I think the 11:30 am time seems to work pretty well in terms of getting the limited items (shrimp-stuffed spicy peppers, shrimp wrapped in bacon, desserts, etc.).

I can do the 2nd, not the 9th, but would really like to go somewhere else for a change...

I think I'd be happier sticking with what we know is an excellent, inexpensive meal -- for me, dim sum is about comfort food, and part of the comfort is knowing what you're getting -- so HEOTB is really what I'm dreaming of, but what if we tried having a dim sum elsewhere for Nov. 2, so DanielK can go, and one on HEOTB on Nov. 9?

Definite maybe for MrP and me on the 9th; will let you know when it changes to a firm yes.