• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TheMatt, are you free on Sunday, August 3? If everyone's still up for it, it sounds like we can at least do HEOTB on Sunday, August 3 -- say 11:30 am? Dean, if we come up with a list, would you be willing to make the reservation again? So far, I see

Walrus & Tripewriter

Goodeats

Scott Johnston

TheMatt?

LuvTeddyBears8 & Mush Man

DanielK?

Dean & Kay :lol:

So maybe 10 people? Everyone's welcome to come! Good food! Low prices! Priceless companions! :lol:

TheMatt, are you free on Sunday, August 3? If everyone's still up for it, it sounds like we can at least do HEOTB on Sunday, August 3 -- say 11:30 am? Dean, if we come up with a list, would you be willing to make the reservation again? So far, I see

Walrus & Tripewriter

Goodeats

Scott Johnston

TheMatt?

DanielK?

Dean & Kay :lol:

So maybe 10 people? Everyone's welcome to come! Good food! Low prices! Priceless companions! :lol:

I will reserve for 12 people at 11:30 am

Feel free to plan a second gathering for 8/3, but I cannot go then, so will be sticking with my original plan for this Sunday.

So, Sunday, 7/20, 11:30am, Hollywood East Cafe on the Boulevard. Who's in?

So is it just myself, Dean and Kay for Dim Sum this weekend? Did everyone else desert me for the 8/3 gathering? :lol:

Dean's snark aside, newbies are always welcome. At one point, every one of us had to attend our first DR.com event!

Are you signing up for this Sunday, August 2nd, or both? ;)

This sunday. Moving August 1 (likely to Alexandria, from Conn/Military).

Dead pig and steamed dumplings? :lol:

Sunday 7/20, 11:30am, Hollywood East Cafe on the Boulevard

DanielK +4

deangold + 1

LuvTeddyBears8 + 1

aaronsinger

ScottJohnston + 2

That's 13 - Dean, can you change the reservation?

Done. EIther we have a table for 13 or we will have a table for 8 AND for 13.

I sure hope so!

This is the list I have, and I believe that Dean's made the reservation already, although it can be amended if there are others who would like to dive into delicious dim sum for a very affordable fee!

Walrus & Tripewriter

Goodeats

Scott Johnston

TheMatt

Dean & Kay

Can't wait!!!

I sure hope so!

This is the list I have, and I believe that Dean's made the reservation already, although it can be amended if there are others who would like to dive into delicious dim sum for a very affordable fee!

Walrus & Tripewriter

Goodeats

Scott Johnston

TheMatt

Dean & Kay

Can't wait!!!

If there is time to make this happen, Beezy and I would love to join the fun!

If there is time to make this happen, Beezy and I would love to join the fun!

Walrus & Tripewriter

Goodeats

Scott Johnston

TheMatt?

DanielK?

Dean & Kay ;)

10 by my count. Please confirm is you have not done so already. I have a table for 12.

A newbie question: about how much cold hard cash should I bring? I'm just wondering if I should hit up the ATM before trekking up to Wheaton?

Oh, and is there a name or something I should give the host/ess to identify I'm part of the DR crowd?

A newbie question: about how much cold hard cash should I bring? I'm just wondering if I should hit up the ATM before trekking up to Wheaton?

Oh, and is there a name or something I should give the host/ess to identify I'm part of the DR crowd?

We have never gone above $20 before for the food tax & tip. The reservation is under Dean or Din or Don or something like that. You never know.

Never too soon for another Dim Sunday.

I'm available both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Wife is out of town, so I've got the kids, but the regulars here know that my kids can eat their fair share of dim sum!

We've done Hollywood East the last couple of times - anyone ready to try New Fortune again?

Never too soon for another Dim Sunday.

I'm available both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Wife is out of town, so I've got the kids, but the regulars here know that my kids can eat their fair share of dim sum!

We've done Hollywood East the last couple of times - anyone ready to try New Fortune again?

Sunday before or at noon works for us.

We'd be up for Sunday, September 21 :lol: (What? It's only a month away!)

Once school starts, the kids and I have Hebrew school nearly every Sunday morning through May, so I can't make 11:30 dim sum trips, and you guys never want to go at 12:30!

Anyone else for this Sunday, New Fortune at 11:30?

Sorry -- we just won't be here! It's the annual lure coursing event out in Leesburg, and if we're not there by 8:30 am, we don't get to see the dogs run (though we don't even know if the Pharaohs will be there this year -- sigh!). And unfortunately, if we do a slot later than the 11:30 am slot, we seem to miss out on much of the food :lol: Maybe if Hebrew School is on holiday some Sunday we'll see you!

I'm a bit confused...is the dim sum Sunday a regular thing or does it move around each week? Is it held every Sunday or only when enough people sign up?

Thanks for filling me in!! We have exactly ZERO dim sum restaurants up here in Frederick....

It happens whenever someone proposes a date and place, and enough people say "yes" to make it a venture!

It's no more than 25 minutes from the 70/270 split in Frederick to New Fortune in Gaithersburg. Name a date, and see if people sign on.

I would be happy to go this Sunday at any hour, or any Sunday when people are willing to go at 12:30, as I have my kids in Hebrew School in Bethesda until noon.