Long Live Kerry Livgren

This is a band of conundrums that ultimately meant it was to fall apart.

But man when these guys were on, they were ON. I love many of their songs, but the one I love most is The Pinnacle. It is pretty incredible:

Wow, Kansas.

"Rock Band Kansas Ex-Violinist Reclaims Stage After Health Crisis" by Paul Guzzo on tbo.com

I saw Kansas at Clemson University in something like 1979 - I used to like them well enough, but my taste in music wasn't exactly elevated back then. :)

What I remember the most from that concert (except maybe their "laser show") was the opening act (don't cheat by clicking - see if you can think who they are): Sniff 'n' The Tears. They were very much of a one-hit wonder, and absolutely the *worst* band I've ever seen that wasn't playing at Louie's Rock City - they were so bad that I'm having vague recollections of them being booed.

In the late 90s and early to mid aughts, Steve Walsh, if I am not mistaken, really beat up Robbie for not practicing properly and remembering lyrics perfectly. This eventually led to Robbie leaving the band in 2006 (again).  Apparently there were some years in the 90s and I think 2000 where they all played together - it would have been great to see as I never got to see them live back in the day (my brother saw them for Monolith or Audio Visions, or maybe both).