BB King (1925-2015) - Legendary Blues Guitarist Widely Considered One Of The Greatest Of All-Time

Al Dente

Rarely have I seen a musician who put his heart and soul into every performance. The guy toured nearly 300 days a year into his seventies.

RIP BB.

Live at the Regal

Oh man.  Its been many years but I saw BB doing the king thing several times with his trusty guitar Lucille.  A terrific performer, and one who just kept going and going and going.  He will be missed...and I'm going to listen to that piece.

I heard on the radio this morning that B.B. King had died. Then, when I saw that this thread had begun, I was going to post a recommendation that people listen to..."Live at the Regal", which I, of course, used to have on LP. Great record. It served as an introduction to the blues for a whole generation (mine).

Oh baby...every day I have the blues.  I went to that link and a smile spread across my face as the album cover appeared.  I had that album, as did friends, and listened to it quite a bit with so much other blues by BB and other great artists.  Time moves on.  I'd forgotten the specifics.   Right now I'm listening to BB, piano riffs, his guitar, and his blues.

Classic.  The blues...so sinfully emotional and evocative in its own right and the basis for so much music afterwards.  So worth listening to.

RIP BB.  and thank you.

Im going to drink some smoky scotch tonight.   ;)

BTW:  for all those going out to dinner about 13:30 in, BB splurges and buys his woman a $10 dinner.  and I really bet he did splurge.  ;)