DrXmus

Brine, Rappahannock River Oysters' Seafood Farm-to-Table Restaurant in Merrifield - Closed Jan 11, 2020

That being said, have you tried the burger at Brine? I had it once and really loved it. Lots of smoky grill flavor and good beef flavor, too. It could be worth your while. (Disclaimer: I had it without a bun and with grilled corn on the cob instead of the fries, because . . . gluten.)

I'm not completely sold on Brine, but I'm going to give it another try or two before I make up my mind. I do wish it much success, but I still question whether the area can sustain it.

ScotteeM, the info on the burger at Brine is very helpful.  My wife and daughter, one or both of whom might accompany me to a journey to Mosaic/Merrifield and Brine, will be encouraged that I can have something to really enjoy were we to go there.  I like an occasional oyster, but am long past the days when, for me, a couple of dozen oysters would be a meal that I would look forward to.  And, by the way, not gluten-free as a necessity, but the bunless burger and grilled corn instead of fries or whatever else the side would be sounds really good to me!

• Like 1

My sister and I had a very late lunch here (3:30 to 4:30 pm or so) today, and loved it. I wrote up an experience a couple of months ago from a weekend-night dinner, when we both liked the food very much and hated the experience because of the excruciating noise. This afternoon was, naturally, much different. Given the day and time, the restaurant was mostly empty, and not noisy at all. We walked in intending to have raw oysters, which we both love, and as we were preparing to order, our very personable and efficient waiter announced "the Rappahannock oysters are 75 cents each starting now"...we were planning to order them at $2.50 each. So we had two dozen, as they were almost free. We asked if this was a regular deal, and our waiter said no, this was "Oystoberfest", only through the end of October. Whatever, it was a great deal, and we enjoyed a dozen oysters each for $9 per person, which is way better than Old Ebbitt's deal, although obviously a long way out of town (but we were out there anyway). We then both had a trout filet, which was wonderful also, along with a vin de pays du Var rosé, which was very nice and priced at a gentle $35, I think. A beautiful light lunch that we both loved. I'd certainly gladly go back for a similar quiet meal.

• Like 4

Interesting. I was the first to review Brine and I may have the last post, too. It’s closed. 

• Thanks 1

Catherine Douglas Moran of tysonsreporter.com is today reporting that Urbano 116 (original in Old Town Alex.) is going to open in the Brine space at Mosaic this summer.