Frankie Valli (1934-), Lead Singer of The Four Seasons (1960-) with an Unmistakable Falsetto Voice

The Hersch

Frankie Valli was possessed of one of the most singular and astonishing instruments in the history of rock-n-roll: his voice. There has never been anything quite like it. So the songs might be kind of silly, but you don't have to wonder why they sold so many millions of records. (Between his work with The Four Seasons and his solo recordings, he had 39 top-40 hits.)

"Sherry" (1962)

"Walk Like a Man" (1963)

"Working My Way Back to You" (1966)

• Like 1

Frankie Valli was possessed of one of the most singular and astonishing instruments in the history of rock-n-roll: his voice. There has never been anything quite like it. So the songs might be kind of silly, but you don't have to wonder why they sold so many millions of records. (Between his work with The Four Seasons and his solo recordings, he had 39 top-40 hits.)

Oh my.   This one takes me back to my days growing up.   Lets just say if I was listening to music from about elementary school through high school I heard Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.

New Jersey, heavy Italian American influences everywhere...and for kids, the music and the clothes.  Everywhere.   I think in the early part of the 60's the Four Seasons were sort of like White MoTown.

Frankie Valli.   What memories.

Thank you

Getting rid of much of my vinyl, I looked inside my copy of The Four Seasons Greatest Hits (mono, bought in the late '60s) & discovered a sheet of paper with their autographs, gotten at a TV show taping in the mid-'60s. I'm old.

MI0001604892.jpg