Revel iPad POS - Seeking Opinons about Whether or Not It Works, And How To Fix It When It Doesn't

Lary

who here uses revel? do you hate it? does it make you want to smash it? does it work as reliably as a traditional pos?

we've made significant investment in crap-ass poslavu at 2 locations, are so over it, but are hesitant to make the step up to revel unless it, like, works.

thanks for any feedback!

who here uses revel? do you hate it? does it make you want to smash it? does it work as reliably as a traditional pos?

we've made significant investment in crap-ass poslavu at 2 locations, are so over it, but are hesitant to make the step up to revel unless it, like, works.

thanks for any feedback!

Where did you get this from, Lary? I'm going to look into seeing if I can help you. Are you stuck with it, or can you return it? Have you called your vendor? Is it in more than one restaurant? I imagine that you'd like to get everything on one platform, assuming you can find a reliable one. I'll try to help you, but I'm really quite a novice; I just have some good contacts. Ping Dean Gold on Facebook - I remember him having had trouble with some POS systems before.

not trying to get any money back from poslavu, just ready to ditch them but wondering if Revel is actually any better (the googles say revel's the best iPad pos, a step above poslavu but also more $$$$).

we've been using poslavu for 3 years at spacebar and 1.5 years at galaxy hut. while the functionality and programming aspects are great it is constantly glitching/crashing/swipers fail/support is useless when you can finally get in touch with them etcetcetcetcetc. we've upgraded our internet, iPads, swipers multiple times to try to get the thing running smoothly but it still gives our staff (and customers, who have to wait while we fiddle with the magic screen) major frustration.

I think Sweet Heat BBQ in Reston which is beside my office may use that.  It's just a order at the counter type of place, they are fairly new, but if I am in again this week, which I might be it was good, I will ask how they like it.