dctheatrescene.com and dcmetrotheaterarts.com - Websites Dedicated to the Washington, DC Area's Theatre Community

DonRocks

Just because this forum doesn't get a lot of participation doesn't mean it can't be useful to theater lovers: DCTheatreScene.com ("Washington's Liveliest Theatre Website") was founded in 2005 by Ronnie Ruff as "DC Theatre Reviews," and incorporated in 2007 - changing to "DC Theatre Scene, Inc." and graduating to a larger format.

They also partner with Theatre in DC to provide ticket buying on their website. (Their website also says they've partnered with Goldstar, so I'm not sure what this means - maybe Goldstar deals exclusively in half-price tickets.) Boy, I remember the days when there was only one TKTS outlet, in Times Square - I used to go there probably once a week.

There's also DCMetroTheaterArts.com which reviews nearly every show in the metro area, sometimes even including HS shows!

For example, they put up a full review for EVERY single Fringe show this year. That's about 140 reviews in 3 weeks, and though most shows run 5 times during the festival, most of the reviews went up after the first showing, so that's really 140 reviews just in the first week.